AMNP at UAB Summer 2011 ApplicationsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on AMNP at UAB Summer 2011 Applications in Alabama State Nursing Programs, part of Alabama Nursing ... Has anyone applied for the AMNP Summer 2011 term? It's been 3 weeks since the deadline for...by AUtiger Feb 7, '11Has anyone applied for the AMNP Summer 2011 term? It's been 3 weeks since the deadline for applications and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything?
They say interviews will be held in Feb. and they will give ample time to prepare for a trip, but I'm worried since its already Feb and I havent heard anything! Also, will they let us know if we dont make it to the interview round? Will they send rejection letters or just never tell us?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=531130©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 11,106 Views
- Feb 7, '11 by tidealum10AUtiger,
I talked to someone from UAB today and she told me that we will know whether we are going to receive an interview or not next week.
- Feb 7, '11 by BuenoI am currently studying to take the TEAS exam...any suggestions?
- I have yet to take the TEAS exam, but I know people have already taken it and found the use of study guides from testing sites to be very useful
- Yeah, I finally decided to call because it's been driving me crazy. A woman from UAB told me they would decide by Friday and let us know next week. I just hate having to wait so long.
Also, I personally don't know anyone that has applied for this program and I've been wondering what kind of applicants we're up against.
- The wait is killing me as well. I haven't heard anything about the # of applicants, competitiveness, etc of this program at all thus far. I've heard that a lot of people that apply to this program are usually non traditional students.
- Non traditional, as in older students that are going back to school?
Because that's the impression I've gotten about the program. But I'm grauduating this May from Auburn and hoping to jump right into it. I only know one person that has done the program and he was a young graduate from Auburn as well. However I did go to one of those informational meetings that UAB holds about the AMNP and I was the youngest person there. It was mostly women about 30-40 years of age.
- Yes, those women you saw at the informational are considered non-traditional students. I just graduated from UA this past December so we are close in age. What day are the informational meetings held? It would be interesting to go to one of those meetings and not only be the youngest in the room, but one of the only males there
- It makes me feel better to know another young person is applying haha.
The informational meetings are held every Weds from 12:00 to 1:00 in the School of Nursing, Room 1029. I went to one last year, and basically they cover everything you need to know about the application process. It was very helpful! It wouldn't be any new info to you now since you've already applied, but if you live close to bham it'd be interesting to drop by and see who attends haha.
And yes, you'd probably be the only male there. But my friend that has done AMNP was a young male and he seemed to enjoy it, so it can't be too bad for you guys!
- Feb 9, '11 by tidealum10If you don't mind me asking, what route did your friend take in the program? (CNL, NP, CNS)