Who is applying to UAH and/or Calhoun Community Collge Nursing schools Spring 2014 - Page 10Register Today!
- Nov 9 by jchrisperdueAnyone know what will be covered in Orientation on the 20th?
- Nov 9 by kissesnhugsChris,
I went to orientation at Uah already and I was told it's pretty much the same as Calhoun . They went over uniforms(what to get and what not to get), materials needed( pen light, stethoscope, bandage scissors,ect.), how schedules will go(including clinicals), insurance, shots/test needed, drug test/background check and what help was available to assist through nursing school. The floor was open for questions. I might be leaving out some info, but that's the main stuff! Any questions you have, write them down so you won't forget when you get there. This is what I did and my silly self still forgot I had them written down lol! I think the excitement took over that day! Let me know how orientation goes at Calhoun.
- Nov 10 by jchrisperdueSo, I see you decided to go with UAH Kissesnhugs. Hope we both like it. It would be nice to stay in touch and exchange resources throughout school and what not. anyone can email me at gmail if you want to keep in touch.
- Nov 10 by kissesnhugsChris,
I went with Uah only because of the commute it will take to get to Calhoun daily.(my car is not the best lol) The pass rates at Uah scare me, but I'm gonna go with an open mind and PRAY lol! Also I'm shooting for a masters degree, so Uah would be the fastest track too. I really want us all to keep in touch. It would be great for us all to keep one another updated, exchange info/advice, and even meet for a study session if needed lol. I know that the first semester at both schools are the same and we both take the same HESI exams. So I'm glad to see someone else willing to keep in contact!! I'm excited and nervous still !!!
- Nov 10 by jchrisperdueOMG. I didn't even know we had to take the HESI.....shows my ignorance. If it's anything like the TEAS I think I'll be fine.....
- Nov 11 by kissesnhugsThe HESI exams are WAY different from the teas test. I took it as a requirement to apply for Uah! And to top it off you take it more than a few times. I think you take one for every class at the end of each semester. I thought this was only a Uah thing, but I know someone in the program at Calhoun and she says they take it too. It made me feel a little better about my choice lol! Whats gonna suck is if we have to pay for it each time we take it
- Nov 11 by groovettaQuote from kissesnhugsI believe Calhoun charges approx. $100 or $110 per semester for the testing fees. An acquaintance from work told me that Calhoun does a good job in preparing students for the HESI tests and NCLEX. She was well pleased with the nursing program.The HESI exams are WAY different from the teas test. I took it as a requirement to apply for Uah! And to top it off you take it more than a few times. I think you take one for every class at the end of each semester. I thought this was only a Uah thing, but I know someone in the program at Calhoun and she says they take it too. It made me feel a little better about my choice lol! Whats gonna suck is if we have to pay for it each time we take it
- Nov 19 by jchrisperdueI have created a Facebook page for Calhoun Nursing students. This is for past, present, and future students. Please check it out. Let's share resources and encouragement! facebook.com/calhounnursingstudentLast edit by Esme12 on Nov 19 : Reason: TOS/removed link
- Nov 19 by kissesnhugsDoes anyone know what validations are in nursing school? I'm just curious to know.
- Dec 4 by groovettaIf any of you post on this forum who needed clinicals near the B'ham area for Calhoun, please PM me.