UAB Spring 2011 AdmissionRegister Today!
- by symphie Jul 8, '10I'm a transfer student applying to UAB's nursing school for 2011. My GPA's about a 3.4 and I've taken all the required courses except psych101. I've got all A's and B's besides 1 C in A&PII and about 30 hours of volunteer experience. For those who know or have previous experience, what do you think my chances are of getting admitted to the program? I'm trying to decide whether I need another backup plan or not.
- Jul 19, '10 by YGPHNMIt's always good to have a back-up plan with nursing. I applied to UAB with a 3.4 and over 1500 hours of healthcare experience and wasn't accepted. I applied for the fall semester and some say the spring is easier. I'm definitely not saying you won't get in because there is a great possibility you will but I do think it's good to have another plan.
- Mar 27, '11 by erin801symphie- did you end up getting in? I would love to talk to you about the program if you have!
- Mar 27, '11 by erin801YGPHNM- Did you apply again for the program? Did they give you a reason for not being accepted? Do you have any info on the program? I am currently applying for Fall 2011 and am planning to take classes ahead this summer as a non-degree student.
- Mar 27, '11 by futurernjapI would suggest Jacksonville state or south Alabama or Samford if your going for BSN. If you dont mind doing ADN then going back for your bsn I would suggest bevill. I don't know how your other grades look so I can't tell you about other community college programs to apply to. Usually BSN programs go by GPA and ADN programs are point based. For example- most usually use A&P 1,A&P 2, and Micro. The point scheme are as such- a=30 b=20 c=10. Plus there's a TEAS score involved. I think it's similar to what four year school take called a hesi?? So let's say you had a A in ap1 and micro, and the C you stated above in ap2. You would have 70 points. Plus your teas test score would be a "make of break" type thing. If it was good you would have your pick of schools, if it is bad... Well, there's always a LPN TO RN bridge which isn't bad cause I thought of starting there myself.
- Apr 1, '11 by symphieerin801- I did get in. In fact, I'm about a month away from finishing up my first semester now. Message me on here and I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about it.
- Nov 30, '11 by tgc91Symphie,
I am a Pre-Nursing student at UAB; I will be applying in the spring for the Fall 2012 Nursing term. Would you mind if I ask you a few questions regarding admission?
- Dec 7, '11 by danceluveri am also applying for fall 2012---started a thread separately but no one else has responded that they are applying there as well, good to know there are others! Symphie i did message you with a few questions, thanks for helping out!