Introductions........... - page 8
by CardioTrans | 15,680 Views | 86 Comments
Ok, so I was wandering through our lovely states forum, and I couldnt find an intro page.... So............... thought Id make one! I have been a nurse for almost 12 yrs, currently work in CCU in a Birmingham hospital. I... Read More
- 0Aug 11, '08 by 2Nurture1Hello Nakki, I'm new to this thread and also to NS. I will also be attending Lawson State and was wondering whether you could provide any information on the program. I don't know much, but any info would be very much appreciated. Have you gotten your acceptance letter yet? How long did it take before you finished your pre-req's? Thanks much..............
- 0Aug 11, '08 by keelee2Quote from 2Nurture1Hello Nakki, I'm new to this thread and also to NS. I will also be attending Lawson State and was wondering whether you could provide any information on the program. I don't know much, but any info would be very much appreciated. Have you gotten your acceptance letter yet? How long did it take before you finished your pre-req's? Thanks much..............
Hi 2Nurture1, I got my acceptance letter last month. it took me a year and a half to complete my pre-req's( it could be done sooner i took a semester off). Selection criteria for entry in to the RN program is based on a point system. 200 is the highest possible points. which is based on
1. compass reading scores (must be above 76. 99 being the highest)
2. bio201,202 and 220 grades; A=30,b=20 & c= 10 ( therefore an A in all 3 classes will give you 90 points)
3. also an extra 11 points if you completed pre-req's @ lawson state.
* complete the above and keep your GPA ( must have a minimum of 2.50)up and you'll have no problems getting in. *
If I can provide you with anymore info. let me know.
- 0Oct 15, '08 by JONESbabyHey y'all! I'm in Phenix City and go to Columbus State. I switched my major soooo many times but finally decided on nursing. Now I'm trying to finish up pre-req's that I didn't have to take with my original intended majors. I'll be applying to the nursing program at CSU in Spring 2010.
Once I have some RN experience under my belt, I'd like to pursue UAB's CRNA program!
- 0Oct 28, '08 by 2Nurture1hi again keelee2, thanks for the reply to my last post. we seem to be the only people here from lawson. anyway, i have another question for you if you don't mind me asking. especially since i don't personally know of anyone in the nursing program at lawson, i have to bug you a bit. lol! this may sound a bit unorthodox, but is there a way possible at all for a person to finish ns, that's all classes within 2 semesters? say maybe taking 4 classes 1st semester and 5 the 2nd semester to finish and graduate by may. is this doable?
i've been wondering but am scared that it may not be possible especially after looking at the availabe times for the nursing classes. i plan on applying to the evening/night program. do you know of anyone that has done this? i'm the type that wants to get this over with as soon as possible. this will be my second degree, and i just don't want to be in school for a very long time. any advice would be helpful. thanks.........
oh and by the way, how are you doing so far in the program? how's assessment, pharmacology and lectures, etc.? hope it's going well for you... take care
- 0Dec 29, '08 by tj_Medic_RNNew to this site, lots of great information here. I am a recent graduate of the LBWCC paramedic to RN bridge program, we were the first class for the college it was a rough road but several of us finished and passed the HESI EXIT exam. I test for NCLEX the 30th of Dec.... anxious and scared .... will update as soon as I find out the results..I have been a paramedic for 11 years and mom to 2 teenage boys and a paramedic - RN husband.. one of my sons is in the dual enrollment program and is taking nursing classes while in high school.. we are quite the medical family.. the other son says there is NO WAY he will ever work in the medical field blood scares him.. now you know my life story in a nut shell..Hello to everyone from Alabama.. and a BIG ROLL TIDE!!!!
- 0Jun 1, '09 by BamaBoundNurse73Okay i confess Im a New Yorker..... I am moving to Alabama, the quicker I can get there the better! I have completed my 24 CE's as per ABN requires however I havent started my license process in Alabama because Im divorced and my credit is a complete mess Will ABN use that against me? I am in good standing here in NY with my RN license, but dont want any issues once i send my money in?? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- 0Jun 4, '09 by SDA3694Such a dumb question, I know BUT when you apply for your Alabama license DO you have to do that by paper or can EVERYTHING be done online and when you do that do you need WAIT for some sort of comfirmation in order to PAY pearsonvue or do you only wait for the confirmation to schedule the test? I just wanted to ask those who have been through this process rather than throwing $300 out the wiondow since there are no refunds!