Attending or waiting for CACC???
- 0Jul 6, '07 by amwhitHi all! I was just wondering if anyone is attending Central Alabama CC or waiting to hear from them? I have applied for the term that starts Aug 15th but have not gotten my letter yet. The school said I have all the required paperwork and will hear something by mid-July. Would love to hear from other students or graduates!
- 0Hey! So do you go to the Childersburg campus and where are you from? I am from Alex City. I have applied..last month for the LPN program to start at the AC campus in the Spring. Do you have any advice for me? Do you have any of your books from your pre reqs class that you are wanting to sell? Thanks, Niki
- 0May 19, '08 by amwhitHi Niki!
I attend at the Childersburg campus but have some clinicals in Alex City. I am from Rockford. Good luck with your application, I remember how hard it was to wait for the letters. I hope that you get in on the first try.
Time flies when you are in nursing school and many things are left undone around the house (at least for me). I start back Wed and have been trying to get my house in order and cleaned and anything else I can think of to do before school starts that will make my life easier during the semester.
I took my prereqs at a different school (WCCS) except for Micro which I am taking this summer with my nursing class. I do have the book I used for PSY200 at WCCS which I purchased used. I am not sure if it is the same one that you will need.
CACC books - I have the Fundamentals & Health Assessment which were new when I purchased them online and have the CD's that go with them. I also have one of the optional fundamentals books and a book I bought on my own for Fluid & Electrolyes which helped last semester in 105. The fundamentals CD helped with F&E also. Email me if you are interested in any of them.
Many of the books are needed throughout the program and I have purchased others on my own to help with assignments.
Sorry this was so long! Again good luck with your application.
- 0Thanks!!! I forgot to mention that I will be in the LPN program. I hope to later on get my RN. I have two children under the age of 3 and I am not working, just school. So, I feel like the best thing for me to do right now would be not jump in over my head. I am not sure how many of the classes are the same with LPN and RN. I wish I could find out what books I will need for PSY 200. If I find out, I will get back with you. Do you have children?
- 0Okay I was able to look up what books I needed on the cacc website... that is the information that it gave me. These books are OUTRAGEOUS!!!! I am very thankful that I have a pell grant because I sure wouldn't be able to afford them! I won't have any money left over after I buy all of these books that is for sure!
- 0Jun 2, '09 by 4TheTideHey, 2bnurselove08. I know it has been awhile since you posted. Just wondering how things are going. I have applied for the fall LPN program and am waiting on my letter Do you mind me asking how many points you had? Do you know how many students are accepted? I'm getting a little antsy waiting