Staffing agencies for nursingRegister Today!
- by dlynn34LPN Nov 24, '12I was thinking on applying for a job at a staffing agencies. How do they work? And well it be a good experience , I only been a nurse for about 2 years now and currently going back for my RN
- Nov 24, '12 by missnurse01you will definetely learn time management! You sign on with an agency, do all their really long paperwork and competencies then they tell you if there are shifts avail in the area that you have experience with. Many places do not give any orientation. So when they call you you just go to that floor and work your shift. Hopefully if you show up a little early the charge nurse can show you the break room, store room, get you a sign in for the med dispense, etc. So you just go in and work. Some places are great, some are really horrible. good luck!
- Nov 25, '12 by dlynn34LPNOk thanks ..i will note that @missnurse1
- Nov 25, '12 by missnurse01no prob
- Dec 27, '12 by lmburtonYes it would be good to get floor experience. You got to get that floor experience in so when you graduate it makes you strong candiate for a position