Aesthetics Nursing - page 3
by NurseKimberley | 181,638 Views | 198 Comments
Hi all-- I am really interested in the medical aesthetics thing--botox, stuff like that. Anybody know where I can get trained? I live in Colorado, by the way. THANKS :p... Read More
- 1Jul 25, '06 by RN EstheticianI would appreciate any tips you have to give, as a med spa is my five year goal. I currently run a one person skin care studio. I would love to work in a medi-spa setting with several RN independents. Education is difficult, and I think the docotrs here think that we are intruding on their turf.
- 0Jul 25, '06 by nightingaleQuote from RN EstheticianWhat sort of investment figures do you need to considerI would appreciate any tips you have to give, as a med spa is my five year goal. I currently run a one person skin care studio. I would love to work in a medi-spa setting with several RN independents. Education is difficult, and I think the docotrs here think that we are intruding on their turf.
to start up a business like your skin care?
- 0Jul 25, '06 by nightingaleQuote from RN EstheticianYeah for your SUCCESS!I have a 20 plus year critical care nursing career. I went to esthetician school (600 hours) to become a skin care specialist, and a little over a year ago started my own business. I do facials with Dermalogica, chemical peels, microderm, waxing, permanent makeup, and just trained on Botox. It is all a challenge but I love being independent. It is a far cry from the ICU.
- 0Sep 9, '06 by mytarai too am starting the journey of nurse esthetician. Current employed in Peds for 24 years, need a change. I am going to a training session in California: Medical Esthetician training of California, anyone heard of this in regard to their reputation, experience etc. Then I am a bit perplexed on the next step, there are 2 medi-spas in my area I would like to just do something per diem to get experience. I would also like to work on the level of a consultant under dermatologist, plastic surgeons. Does anyone have advices as to marketing oneself to these areas as to why should they hire me and get beyond the turf war. I don't need to make a bundle but long term plan would be to make what I am making now in a different, more independant and get out of a hospital setting without taking a nose dive financially.
Any advise would be welcomed. Also are there those in MN or WI that have experience with the BON regulations?
- 1Oct 22, '06 by cosmetic tattooistHi RobRob
aesthetics is a rewarding and lucrative career so your headed in the right direction. It is also a happy business. I've been in the field since 1993 and this year brought my husband into my practice as a nurse. he has been a chiropractor since 85 but the body demands are great. aesthetics is usually a sit down job. anyway to really learn your skills it would be in your interest to find the right school even if you have to travel the 4 to 6 days would be worth it. There are worth while schools out there. don't want to advertise so if you are interested in Permanent Makeup, Microdermabrasion, cold laser therapy, etc contact me for more info. good luck
- 1Dec 8, '06 by christen13This thread is just what I was looking for, thanks :spin: ...........
I have also been in critical care for 2 years, along with 10 years of nursing experience but am looking for a change.
The old saying, "find your passion and do what you love!" is very true for me in the area. I have however, found it very hard to learn more about this area of nursing. It is a new area, hard for me to research. At this point I am looking for a job with a medispa/plastic surgery office, under the direction of a medical director. I have some questions ......
1. What is the general salary?? I know this is tough to answer...just general.
2. What is "a typical" day like?
3. Do I need to attend a school ...Aesthetic, etc. to practice, or is this more of an "on the job" training?
4. Any websites that may be helpful??
Thanks so much for reading, ANY advice would be very appreciated!!
- 0Dec 8, '06 by Tanya RNI too am heading in this direction. I am a critical care nurse with 13 years experience. I live in TN. I will be attending a 5 day conference in Austin TX to train in Botox, Restylane, microderm, tattoo removal, laser hair removal, etc... I already have a medical director and a salon to work out of. Would like to talk with others that have "made it" in this area!!Last edit by Tanya RN on Dec 8, '06