VisaScreen vs. CES for Vermont International Nurse NCLEX pass endorsement application
- 0May 3, '10 by can-rn-immigrantCan anyone help me? i intend to get licensed in Vermont since the California BRN has already issued a statement that they will no longer extend validities of pass letters effective, if i'm not mistaken, april 10 or 30, 2010...
i'm wondering, since i already have a VisaScreen certificate, do i need to apply for a CES again?... the process seem redundant since the CES will be requiring me to submit credentials which are exactly the same as the ones required for my VisaScreen...
i just want to know if anyone has been in the same situation and what they did... and how long did it take to get licensed in Vermont?... although i totally get the California BRN's move, i still would not want to have my NCLEX go to waste...
pleeease help anyone?
- 1May 3, '10 by NRSKarenRN, RN, BSN Adminvisit vermont state board of nursing website
(links to all states board of nursing located at bottom every allnurses.com page)
vermont will accept either international education research foundation, inc. ces report or cgfns international full education course-by-course report or the healthcare profession and science report that is specifically for the state of vermont.
international nurses - (rns and lpns educated in countries other than us)
[color=#003300]international nurse nclex pass endorsement application this application is for internationally educated nurses who have passed the nclex through a different state, but who do not yet hold a us license.
note: as of july 1, 2009, all incoming exam and nclex pass endorsement applications must be these versions of the application (uploaded july 1, 2009). no earlier forms will be accepted. if any arrive in this office they will be mailed back to the sender.
- 0May 9, '10 by rocket bomberHi! Yes, definitely, you need to apply for Credential Evaluation Report in order for you to apply an RN license in the State of Vermont. If I were you, do it now, as soon as possible. Apply first for a CES report with the corresponding amount demand draft pay to CGFNS. then write a letter to CalBON to forward NCLEX results to Vermont with US$60 demand draft pay to CalBON, then download the form NCLEX Endorsement at Vermont website, fill it up, send the payment thru demand draft pay to Vermont US$150. Your application will take about 4 to 6 months depending on the verifications, mailing, followups etc. then, Vermont issue you a license number. You can check their website online for the status of your application. Vermont will send you your username and password thru your email address. Good luck!
- 0May 9, '10 by can-rn-immigrantthank you rocket bomber... i asked for my CANDIDATE REPORT instead... the one given by california BON for a fee of $10 as that is what's in their requirement... it's the nclex result with picture from pearsonvue... and yes, i have applied for a CES already... they are only awaiting the copy of my HS diploma since i already have a visascreen certificates and all other documents required are already with them...
again, thank you and God bless!
- 0May 10, '10 by Louis PeterHi! Good morning. Are you done applying for your vermont-specific ces report? Can you please help me? we are of the same situation. I'am also applying for a license in vermont because my California nclex is about to expire this coming october. I already have a visa screen certificate. can you please teach me the steps in applying vermont-specific ces report?
Thank you so much.
- 0May 10, '10 by angel05_1987Quote from can-rn-immigrantthank you rocket bomber... i asked for my CANDIDATE REPORT instead... the one given by california BON for a fee of $10 as that is what's in their requirement... it's the nclex result with picture from pearsonvue... and yes, i have applied for a CES already... they are only awaiting the copy of my HS diploma since i already have a visascreen certificates and all other documents required are already with them...
again, thank you and God bless!
hi ca-rn-immigrant. we are on the same situation. is that candidate report you ask from the CA BON same with that copy of test result they posted in their site for $10? do i need to still pay for the verification of license in addition to the candidate report so that vermont will process my endorsement?
- 0May 11, '10 by can-rn-immigrantLouis Peter
"can you please teach me the steps in applying vermont-specific ces report?
Thank you so much."
hi louis peter... just go to cgfns website, then since you already have a visascreen, you must already have an account... assuming you applied online... if you applied through an application packet, create an account online, it is easier... then click purchase product and choose CES report... i suggest you get the Full Education Course-by-Course... $385 though it's more expensive... when you get your license endorsed to another state in the future, you don't have to pay for another CES report (the fee includes two copies of reports that you may request to be forwarded)... in your application, you will be asked to which office you would like to forward your result...
you just need to submit a certified true copy of your HS diploma (certified by your HS registrar) since, in my case, that's the only document i need to submit... everything else has been processed in my VisaScreen application... it was waived in my VS application... and don't forget to request for your candidate report from california BRN... include your name, date, time and place of exam in your request and send a check of $10 with the request letter...
hi to you as well... the license verification is not what the vermont asked for... i have searched the CA BRN website and not found an online request form for a CANDIDATE REPORT with photo from pearsonvue... numerous answers on how to obtain the copy is posted on this blog... so far, the only way to get a copy is to write the CA BRN, request for a copy and send demand draft of $10, wait for the copy of your candidate report, then send it together with all the requirements set by VT...
i hope this helps... goodluck!
- 0May 11, '10 by Louis PeterThank you so much can-rn-immigrant, your info is a great help for me. I still have few questions; What is the difference between the Full Education Course-by-Course Report ces and the Healthcare Profession & Science Report ces? which one is the requirement of the vermont BON? Again, thank you so much.
- 0May 11, '10 by can-rn-immigrantthe VT BRN requires either the full education OR the VERMONT SPECIFIC Healthcare Profession & science report... so you can opt for either one... the healthcare profession report is cheaper by $50 but is specific to VT only... the full education report is accepted by most states so when the time comes that you will need your license to be endorsed to a different state AGAIN, you just need to inform cgfns to forward your results to that licensing body since the full education report comes with two copies (the 1st copy they will be sending to VT already)... the healthcare profession report is specific to VT only... but should you opt for the latter, it's alright...
go to the VT BRN site and download the form for endorsement of nclex passers for complete guidance...