USA Labor and Delivery RN moving to Australia - Page 5Register Today!
- Aug 10, '11 by ceridwynIn Victoria just today have been notified of job cuts........everyone really concerned......
We have just been told......
- Aug 21, '11 by Rachi321hey us2OZ.. just wondering how you're going over there? any luck finding a job? Hope youre having a great time!
- Aug 21, '11 by UStoOzThank you Rachi! I just arrived 2 days ago, so I have been spending most of my time figuring things out, getting situated, etc. Today I plan on clamping down. I have a few people helping me find work, and I have also been looking myself, so hopefully something will happen soon! How about you? Did you get your eligibility letter yet?
- Aug 22, '11 by Rachi321Finally got my letter of eligibility! Gave my notice at work.. not scary at all lol.. but a little anxiety feeled.. cuz now its all real! I have emailed a few people about jobs.. but i get a little anxious about that. Im going to be leaving october 11. Definitely keep me posted! Good luck!
- Aug 24, '11 by AnneIHi there, I am just starting to look into the process of getting licensed in Australia... really overwhelming...
So the application is AGOS-04? summit to the AHPRA right?
Should I send the application with any requirement papers that I have available so they can get started?
I don't have to take the English test if I graduated from highschool and nursing school in US? Just need a letter from each school?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
- Aug 24, '11 by AnneICongrats! Good luck.
- Aug 25, '11 by Rachi321hey anne1, not sure the exact code but the application is for overseas RN. download the form.. and start working on obtaining all the documents it entails. no u do not need to take the ielts test. I had to send a letter from my high school stating i was taught and assessed in english.. and i was exempt. any other questions let me know... such hell ahpra was.. make sure u have everything EXACTLY the way they want it. good luck!
- Aug 28, '11 by ghillbertRead the form. It clearly lists what you need to attach. And yes, filling in the form and attaching your documents is the only way you are going to get assessed.
- Oct 4, '11 by Rachi321@US2oz.. how is it over there? Were you able to find a job?
- Oct 16, '11 by UStoOz@Rachi321 - It's good. It took me about a month and a half, but I did find a job. It's a lot different and a bit of a learning curve, but I am loving the experience. How is your process going? You're still not here in Australia I assume?