Puerto Rico nurses are not international
- 0Jun 28, '12 by lisy321Hello everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that Puerto rican nurses are not international. Puerto Rico is part of the United States. I am from Puerto Rico and iam a citizen.
- 1Jun 28, '12 by Silverdragon102, RN Admin
- 0Jun 28, '12 by MerlynQuote from lisy321There must be a reason for this post somewhere. Has the education of the US sunk that lowHello everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that Puerto rican nurses are not international. Puerto Rico is part of the United States. I am from Puerto Rico and iam a citizen.
that people do not know that? But do they know what actor from Puerto Rico won an Oscar for play a Frenchman?
- 0Aug 24, '12 by Jen_Jen88No its not "international" but many states do see it that way like FLORIDA =/. So when wanting to take the NCLEX as a Puerto Rican Nursing School Grad they require a English proficiency exam (dumb I know). I think its because PR doesn't take the NCLEX they have their own exam and they DO NOT accept the NCLEX license only the VA since its Federal. But from what I herd the exams DIFFER big time!
- 0Aug 25, '12 by lisy321Yess you are correct!!!!! The exams are veryyyy different. I took the NCLEX but didnt have to take an English Exam. The only state that would change the PR license by endorsement without taking the NCLEX is Florida but only if you've worked in a hospital for two years before requesting the endorsement. I posted the message on thi subject because i read somewhere here tht we were international and also some colleges in the US think that we are. The do their homework and the call you back saying "sorry you were right".