Quote from rn_jan012682
Another thing, would it be okay to apply for an evaluation/assessment in Board of Nurses and Midwifery in Victoria, eventhough i have zero experience? I am planning to take my IELTS next year and have my assessment process next year as well.
1. I have read on this site - some posts which said that some Boards prefer to register foreign nurses with experience of 6 months to one year.
2. Suggest that you directly write to the Board or Call them on the phone and get this point cleared directly from the source.
3. For nurses from Philippines - you will have to do a bridging course. This takes 3 to 6 months and costs at least 7-8000 $ as course fee + cost of life + cost of travel. You will need a student visa for doing this course.
4. After you have finished your bridge course with a "pass" and also gotten over 7 in IELTS will a Board Register you as a nurse.
5. After Registration - do a job hunt and then get a work visa issued.
6. I estimate the cost of going to Australia, doing the course, job hunt and registration and stay etc. to range from Aus $ 12,000 to 15,000. So that should be your Budget.
7. As far as I can make out - no Agency funds any nurses for the Bridge course. You will have to do this with your own sources.
Best wishes & Good luck in your career.
"May the force be with you"