New grad Filipino nurse wanting to work in Australia/New Zealand - Page 21Register Today!
- Sep 21, '08 by hotpotato101Guys dont bother applying to Queensland Nursing Council. They now require WORK EXPERIENCE as a prerequisite upon application. Very disappointingLast edit by hotpotato101 on Sep 21, '08
- To clarify the issue, it would be best to address the QNC.
I tried to find answers too, however, I am not sure if that is what QNC meant in your friend's letter.
EVIDENCE OF RECENCY OF PRACTICE, AND FITNESS AND COMPETENCE TO PRACTICE
If you are unable to provide this documentation you will be required to address the australian nursing and midwifery council (anmc) standards for the registerd/ enrolled nurse. these competencies can be found on QNC's website.
In my own understanding, it meant you will be referred to undergo a CAS program or any approved institution to conduct an assessment and report for the council. You will need to meet ANMC's standards for practice of RNs.
This is my source: http://www.qnc.qld.gov.au/upload/pdf...competence.pdf
Hope that helps.
- Sep 21, '08 by punjabiis this is true...oh no......
- Before you guys panic, you have to contact QNC and clarify. Like what I have said, it doesn't say that the person will be denied if he/she can't provide evidence. It just specifically states that IF the person cannot provide recency of practice documents, then he/she has to address the competency standards of ANMC for RNs. That is all that is written there.
I know this is a big issue especially for those who have already applied to QNC but try not to panic for now. It would be best to email QNC. I'm sure they will be able to enlighten you on this matter.
- Ok, I have messaged QNC about this issue asking for a clarification. I will update you with whatever their response will be. Let's hope that it will be a positive response. However, if the response is negative, you can always try to apply in a different state. I'll email NBV and double check if the experience is mandatory. But it is stated in their application form that you only need to provide documents of such if you did have experience. I'll give you an update on that too. Hopefully, we'll get answers tomorrow. For now, pray.
- Sep 21, '08 by hotpotato101Me im on panic mode already... well we dont really know what to do since i also lodged my application with them. The reason why im being like this is because i knew someone with the same credentials, same process, also without experience but he was able to proceed with the competency assessment without a notice from the Council. He even got a positive assessment only after a month. Its just now that they're looking for work experience. and i guess the processing time is slower these days.
I emailed the council already and I really hope that this is just all mere misunderstanding...or else we're back to square one.
- Sep 22, '08 by AelithI got a reply from QNC... but they did not answer my question. They want the person who got the letter to ask from them. So, hopefully your friend has already emailed QNC.
- Sep 23, '08 by robert0i actually e-mailed them about this, and they failed to answer my question. it was stated in the e-mail that...
it is not possible to state in advance if your application will be accepted.
however if you have not practiced you need to make sure that you have stated this in item 5 of the application form
- Sep 23, '08 by AelithYup. I had the same response when I emailed them last July about my case. I have zero experience too and they advised me to just apply because its a case to case basis and it is not possible to state in advance whether my application will push thru or not.