Need Help On Cgfns Examination - page 9
by Faby 16,791 Views | 86 Comments
:eek: :confused: Hi Everybody I think I need some help with the CGFNS Ex. I've just failed on July 2003. Iwas really sure that I did well, but I failed. the major problem is that as I'm not living in US i had to travel... Read More
- 0Apr 10, '10 by Silverdragon102 AdminQuote from happydreamerIf you are going to NY are you planning on applying to NY? If that is the case then you do not need the CGFNS exam just the CVS and that takes approx 6-8 months before getting eligibility to sit NCLEX so better to start now as long as you have completed your training and have a full set of transcritpsHi suzanne i c you a very knowlegdeable with regards the cgfns...which is good cos im lost!!! Im a maltese nurses, and planning on going to new york next yr...i thought i should get the cgnfs over with before i leave....can you suggest any good books i could start studying from....are there any books that have questions similar to the exam...or any past papers? Apart from that which applicaiton do i use to apply for this exam? Btw im an american citizen.
and about the nclex, can i do that here in malta or at least in london or do i have to do it whilst in new york....thanks
- 0Apr 10, '10 by Silverdragon102 AdminQuote from happydreamerAll you need for NY os the CVS service from CGFNS it is not a examHi thanks for yr reply....well i am going to ny eventually next yr, but i thought i needed the cgfns since i have different nursing schooling from ny? or am i wrong? SO CONFUSED :S
- 0Oct 14, '12 by jumerjumperHi, you mentioned that English language exam fee is included in the Certification Program fee? Am I right? I'm scheduled for the CGFNS exam on Nov 15. I currently live in Wisconsin as a permanent resident but educated in the Philippines. Am I required to take the English exam or can it be bypassed by any means?
Also, my study resources are for NCLEX too like Kaplan and Mosby. Are these enough?
I don't have the study guide too. Is it the one in PDF? Or should it be paper-mailed by CGFNS as a book?
- 0Oct 15, '12 by Silverdragon102 AdminYou can not avoid the English exam unless you meet the criteria set down by CGFNS
To be exempt from the English proficiency requirement, you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- country of nursing education was in Australia, Barbados, Canada (all provinces; the only approved schools in Quebec are: McGill University and Dawson College in Montreal, Vanier College in St Laurent, John Abbot College in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, and Heritage College in Gatineau), Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, the United Kingdom or the United States.
- textbook and instruction language was in English.
CGFNS International — Global Credibility in Credentials Evaluation