NCLEX california - what to do to keep your file active if you dont have SSN yet. - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 21, '10 by Silverdragon102You do not need SSN for vsc but getting a H1b may be an issue due to the high number of RN's looking for work especially in CA. F1 will not get you a SSN unless you get permission to work (as far as I am aware) and even if you are on F1 there is no guarantee the first year you can work in a hospital as F1 usually has restrictions in the first year plus you may find it cheaper to go to school on H4 than F1
- thanks for the reply ,it means that i have not even a single option to do anything ,i m helpless.if i study it wont help ,then just to raise my qualification which of the specialities you recommend me to do,?
- Apr 21, '10 by NurseCubanitaRN2bDo you have paid experience as a RN? You may want to look into a MSN program for Nurse Anethesiologist. Good Luck
- CRNA is very costly for international students in US,is there any courses available which can be done online and can be useful.
thanksfor your replies.
- do you think if i get my vsc done now will be a good decision or it can be done later because now i m on h4 status i cant do anything.
- Apr 22, '10 by Silverdragon102VSC can wait until you find a employer but up to you. VSC is valid for 5 years. There is nothing stopping you from looking for a employer be it H1b (but expect experience to be required due to the nature of H1b being a specialist visa) or immigrant visa just be aware at the moment it may be hard.
- Apr 22, '10 by rocket bomberQuote from therese08If I were you, I will simply endorse my nclex result now, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, to Vermont BON in order to acquire an RN license but first you have to apply for CES at CGFNS, then, apply an RN license at Vermont using the NCLEX endorsement form from vermont website. Do not wait for three years before doing this. And after 4 to 6 months, you will have your RN license.Hi all!
I recently passed my NCLEX - RN (California), and it was clearly stated they will destroy your file three years after, if you don't supply them SSN. Can somebody please give me an advice on what to do with my NCLEX results? You still need to have SSN even if you already have a visascreen, is that right? thanks guys.
- Apr 22, '10 by rn_garchaif i will get endorsement to vermont then how long i can keep it active before its renewal ,because at the time of renewal they will also ask for SSN
- Apr 22, '10 by Silverdragon102Quote from rn_garchaThis is something you need to discuss with the BON however as far as I am aware they do not destroy your fileif i will get endorsement to vermont then how long i can keep it active before its renewal ,because at the time of renewal they will also ask for SSN
- Apr 23, '10 by rocket bomberThe most important thing that will happen if you endorse it to Vermont is that you will have a permanent US RN license. Renewal of license form does not require an SSN for international nurses who do not hold an SSN. You just need to provide them a copy of your passport. And Silverdragon is right, this is something that you need to discuss with the BON. And your name will be included in the NCBSN database. Your file will be there even it's inactive, active status or whatsoever. And better for you coz you can endorse your license anywhere in the US as long as you submit all requirements of that particular state you want to work at. You will NO LONGER WORRY that your NCLEX result will be destroyed... wow!