hi! Ive applied for an assessment for RN in NSW. I can say that I know very much on the how to's in applying for bridging course in Australia since I did it on my own. I got the recommendation letter from the board and was advised to undergo a competence assessment program in the college of nursing in Burwood.
to make it short: (If u want to apply in NSW)
1. Take IELTS first, all 7 on all the components
2. Read the instructions on the website--www.nmb
basically here are the most Important things:
a. go to PRC, request for verification of registration to be sent directly to the board
b. go to your university or college, request for transcript and nursing course description to be sent directly to the board
c. go to IDP or British Council, request for a copy of your all 7 each in all components of your report grade to be sent directly to the board
d. fill up the application form-http://www.nmb.nsw.gov.au/please-proceed-RN/default.aspx
(with the application form, you need to have it notarised, and pay $105 through credit card or money order etc)
that's basically the initial requirements to be sent to the nursing board
here is the information booklet that will guide you/checklist in filing your application:
Assessment is a case to case basis but basically Overseas nurses are recommended to undergo the bridging course.
You will receive a recommendation letter from the nursing board stating the Nursing school
that provides the bridging course or the school that you have to go to to get your registration training
Example of the recommendation letter:
If you get such letter,
1. Complete application form
2. Forward completed application form (and non-refundable application fee) along with the following documents:
* original letter of referral from the Nurses and Midwives Board of New South Wales
* a certified copy of your English language test result (Internationally educated nurses/midwives)
* a certified copy of your visa*(Internationally educated nurses/midwives)
* Applicants who will be applying for a short stay visa in order to undertake the program may be issued with a letter from the College that can be used to support their application for a visa when all other entry requirements have been met.
[FONT=AGaramond-Semibold]Note: Applications that are incomplete are unable to be processed.
3. Successful applicants will be notified by mail.
Applicants are advised not to finalise any personal arrangements until confirmation of a place in the program is received from The College of Nursing.
4. Confirmed applicants are required to attend the program enrolment session where all original documentation is to be presented for verification and proof of identity established. Applicants will be excluded from the program if the original documentation and eligibility cannot be verified. Outstanding fees are to be finalised at this time.
regarding your visa, you can get the student visa or visa 456 or if u have relatives, you can ask them to sponsor you (family sponsored)
regarding your schedule, the school will be the one to give you the date so u can apply the appropriate date of your travel.
If you have questions, feel free to ask