IELTS Exam & CRNERegister Today!
- by blissfulRN Jul 7, '11Hello! I'm new here!
I've got few questions in mind. Hope you could help me figure this out.
First. I am about to take the IELTS Exam but I'm confused which format to take. Academic or General Training? I do not what to take it over again coz I took the wrong format. I passed the NLE year 2009 and I am planning to take the IELTS as part of the requirements to take the CRNE. I will be registering with Saskatchewan since I've read on one of the threads that they don't require work experience that much.
Second Speaking of taking the CRNE and registering with Saskatchewan. How long does is take for your application to be approved? Anyone who has already applied for the CRNE at Saskatchewan? Please post in your experience and how was the application process.
Your reply would be of great help! Thank you in advance!
- Jul 7, '11 by Silverdragon102Moved to the International forum as poer the red banner
Read the college of RN's website for the province you plan on moving to as that will tell you what is required. Then be prepared that the CIC will accept only General
Plenty of threads discussing the CRNE as well as threads discussing registering with the province College of RN's for Saskatchewan as that is what you are doing registering to be a licensed RN not registering to take the CRNE. CRNE is just the final part of the process before a license is issued
- Aug 11, '11 by demigod21i am applying as an immigrant in canada...is it advisable that i should also start processing/apply for the CRNE...
- Aug 11, '11 by PiRNMeeting the English Fluency as part of each provinces requirements for registration differ.
I wanna tell you the over view of what is happening now in Canada specifically in Saskatchewan. PHILIPPINES BScN is not equivalent to a current Canadian BScN Education, that's why most provinces requires Internationally educated Nurses not only in the Philippines to do bridging programs or Updates to meet their education equivalency in nursing and made eligible to take the CRNE.
But before the finalization that you really need to have an equivalencyt education, their is what they called SEC assessment which tells you what you are or what you need do to be equivalent.
I hope I help. Goodluck. If i did it as an IEN, you can do it too...
- Mar 23, '12 by pantet_69Will please sombody enlighten me. Under what category should a nurse apply under the Saskatchewan Nominee Program (SINP)? I have a cousin in that province which is a criteria for a family category. Yet I don't have a work experience in the province to qualify for Health Profession Category. Yet, the guide in their website says, if you are Health Professional, you must apply under the Health Profession Category. I am quite confused. Any idea anyone?
- Jun 4, '12 by bax,RNblissfulrn ,,
have you successfully applied to consaskatchewan already? i'm planning to apply for registration too. if you could advise me with the steps to follow, i would be very grateful. i haven't done anything yet. i have an academic ielts results of listening-6.5, writing-6.5, reading-7, speaking-7.5. i'm also a nov, 2009 board passer in philippines. do they require hospital experience. if so, how many months at least? and should it be paid hosp work or training and volunteer work is acceptable? thank you so much.
- Jun 4, '12 by Silverdragon102Quote from bax,RNHave you read the college's website. All information including ielts should be thereblissfulRN ,,
have you successfully applied to CON Saskatchewan already? I'm planning to apply for registration too. If you could advise me with the steps to follow, I would be very grateful. I haven't done anything yet. I have an Academic IELTS results of Listening-6.5, Writing-6.5, Reading-7, Speaking-7.5. I'm also a Nov, 2009 board passer in Philippines. Do they require hospital experience. If so, how many months at least? and should it be paid hosp work or training and volunteer work is acceptable? Thank you so much.