I want to change my status

  1. Ok so Im currently here in the US with a student visa and I just passed my NCLEX RN. I want to work but I only have student visa... What should I do? Can I change status to working visa? Can the employer petition me? Aaaaargh I dunno what to do... Need help....
  2. Visit acotusrn profile page

    About acotusrn

    Joined: Feb '13; Posts: 12; Likes: 1


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    Even if you find a employer for work visa (presume you are in the US) then unless they are a university or hospital not covered by the cap a H1b cannot be applied until Apr with an interview you can not start working until Oct. whilst this process is ongoing you can not stay and work. You must maintain student status and if you haven't yet applied for OPT then you may find that too late as I believe OPT has to be applied before you graduate. Also be aware H1b is a specialist visa and being a new grad doesn't mean you will qualify for it. Also BSN is minimum requirement and you do not state if you have it
  4. by   Silverdragon102
    You may have to consider leaving the country if you cannot maintain legal status