Graduate in philippines. Need to know how can I apply for NCLEXRegister Today!
- by kjcboys Feb 11, '06Hello everybody,
My sister-in-law just graduated BSN in philippines. She wants to apply to take the NCLEX in California. She will be coming here in the U.S in about 6month -1year via spouse petition. She wants to take the Nclex now in the philippines. Can anyone tell me how she can do that? is it possible for her to take it now in the philippines? pls help
- Feb 11, '06 by suzanne4She needs to apply for licensure to a state first, and get permission to sit for the NCLEX. It will take her about six months or so to get permission from CA to sit for the exam. Average wait time is four to six months, plus.
She can't take it now until she has been approved by a state for licensure. It is just the final step in the licensing process in the US, not the first step. She will need to have her credentials verified by CA BRN before they will permit even to sit for the exam.
- Feb 17, '06 by mauloahi suzanne, i'm a newbie! i wanna need your help. i'm an rn in the philippines and just recently got here in hawaii as an immigrant (thru k visa). since i'm a foreign graduate nurse, do i still need to take cgfns and english exams, or can i take nclex-rn right away. thanks!
- Feb 17, '06 by suzanne4Quote from pmadamsif you are on a k visa, you do not need the english exams for the visa, but the hospitals may require proof of your english skills. you do not need the visa screen certificate either.hi suzanne, i'm a newbie! i wanna need your help. i'm an rn in the philippines and just recently got here in hawaii as an immigrant (thru k visa). since i'm a foreign graduate nurse, do i still need to take cgfns and english exams, or can i take nclex-rn right away. thanks!
as far as hawaii, you will need to check out their website to see what their specific requirements are for you. you will be looking at "license by examination."
eiterh way, you cannot take the exam right away, you will need to go thru the application process with hawaii and get their approval first to be permitted to sit for the exam.
- Feb 17, '06 by mauloathanks suzanne! i guess i have to call hawaii state bon and inquire them regarding the application process. have a nice day to you.
- Feb 17, '06 by suzanne4You can check out the requirements on their website.:angel2:
- Feb 18, '06 by mauloaYes, I will. Mahalo so much
- Aug 4, '06 by thoRN22hello! i am a registered nurse in the philippines..i just want to ask if passing the cgfns exam in NY and NJ is required? God bless!
- Aug 4, '06 by precyNo they are not required.