Can RN (PCL nursing)from Nepal get registration in US?
- 0Jan 5, '12 by Riha2012I am a registered nurse from Nepal and i have finished 3 yrs nursing and have 2 yrs experience in hospital as a staff nurse. I am currently seeking to get registered in US state. If anyone can give me some idea and information regarding registration in US. What is the first stape to procced an application?
- 0Jan 5, '12 by Silverdragon102 AdminQuote from Riha2012Starting point would be the state you plan on living and working and meeting their requirements for International nurseI am a registered nurse from Nepal and i have finished 3 yrs nursing and have 2 yrs experience in hospital as a staff nurse. I am currently seeking to get registered in US state. If anyone can give me some idea and information regarding registration in US. What is the first stape to procced an application?
- 0Jan 7, '12 by Silverdragon102 AdminQuote from brook11Go to the Texas state BON website (links can be found at the bottom of the page) and follow their requirements for Foreign trained nurseHi Riha2012
I am also PCL Nurse (3yrs) from Nepal with 2 yrs experience as well.
I want to start my registration process in Texas Board but I don't have
much more idea on it.
Hope we will surely get some ideas from this forum friends.
Thank you !
- 0Jun 8, '12 by GomaHi Riha,
I was a nurse in Nepal too. I got my license in Jan 2009. I came to US on Aug 2009 to study BSN. While I was in the program, I applied for credential verification for NY state. It is easier due to this verification process, coz it's quicker and easier. But I have some friends who went through CGFNS CP exam and CES. It takes time, but CGFNS is the only reliable organization that proves that you are actually an RN with all the clinical experiences. There are some boards who don't evaluate properly.
After completion of all CGFNS process either it be CES report, CP test or CVS report for NY state (it takes time, so please be patient) your next step is to apply for the board that you plan to take your NCLEX exam. You have to check first the states and their requirement. Some states such as NJ, MD, they have special requirement for spoken english test. If you plan to take TOEFL iBT, your spoken English score should be at least 26 out of 30. I sent all my application and CES report to NJ long time ago..I was horrified once I found the requirement for 26/30 in spoken English. I had 24.
This is the reason why, I would recommend people to apply for NY state, or be careful about each board's requirement.
- 2Jun 8, '12 by GomaOh, and please remember that the job market is in the saturated phase right now. There are very few places who are hiring new nurses, even the American Grads. To think that you will get a job right away can be an illusion at this time. But, hard workers should never get discouraged. While you apply for all the licensure process, please make sure that you take the pre-requisite courses that will lead you in future to RN-BSN program. Make sure you are on the top of everything-meaning, please maintain your student status with good GPA. Once your papers get approved from the State Board of nursing, please give yourself a preparation time of 4-6 months. you can take classes in between. but, you gotta study for hours every day to cover all the materials. Kaplan online Nclex review and some addidional preparation book helps a lot. kaplan is a must do kind of thing. I learned a lot from Kaplan and it helped a lot!
Once you pass the RN exam, there you go for RN BSN program. make sure you get some clinical experiences here.
Your 2 years experience in Nepal as an RN is a PLUS. You may apply for positions like PRN Nurse extern, Intern and get paid. You can be a full time student oncampus and work for 20 hours per week oncampus and if the campus allows, you can work as a part time RN. remember the famous word IPR..that plays significant role in building a community and connections so that you get job referals.
The bigger goal of our Profession is to help others. Negativism should not exist towards anything. Prayer helps and heals our surroundings. With some of these spirit of a nurse, I am sure you will love your job and your stay anywhere in the world.
Regards to you all!
- 0Sep 26 by JustBeachyNurseQuote from sophinNot if you are studying psychology. The evaluation for cvs from CGFNS takes approximately 6+ months. Then you apply to NYBoN for licensing by examination as an internationally educated nurse. If approved by the BoN you can pay & register to attempt the NCLEX-RN. Your F1 psychology student status will not get you rights to work as a nurse so I'm not sure why you wish to go through the time and expense of getting a NY nursing licenseFor getting me into nclex . And to have RN of newyork