CA NCLEX without SSN, can we really ask for an extension to the BON?

  1. 0
    Hello everyone! Does anybody here whose in the same predicament with me. My CA NCLEX is about to expire on April 2008 and until then, I doubt I can give my SSN since retrogression has damper on things...

    I've read someone before who had asked the CA BON for an extension and she was given twice. Has anyone experienced this?

    I've talked to my lawyer about this problem and she told me that they will call the CA BON to ask for an extension...

    IS it really possible? any inputs on this? thank you so much!
  2. 8,406 Visits
    Find Similar Topics
  3. 58 Comments so far...

  4. 0
    hi,

    i am new here but i can answer your query speaking from experience. yes, the CA BON can extend your file , like mine, for another year. i wrote them a letter and explained about the predicament we are in due to retrogression and they sent me a copy extending it for another year. i wrote them 4 months prior to my expiry date and i think that your case is similar to mine since yours will be expiring on april, 2008. hope this helps. cheers.:spin:
  5. 0
    Quote from red sapphire
    hi,

    i am new here but i can answer your query speaking from experience. yes, the CA BON can extend your file , like mine, for another year. i wrote them a letter and explained about the predicament we are in due to retrogression and they sent me a copy extending it for another year. i wrote them 4 months prior to my expiry date and i think that your case is similar to mine since yours will be expiring on april, 2008. hope this helps. cheers.:spin:
    hi red sapphire!!! its so nice of you to share that valuable information. Foremost, I could be relieved once I've had mine extended. Can you please share with me where or to whom did you address your letter. It seems you send by mail rather than email, right?

    Did you ever pay an amount for an extension? Thank you very much for your response.have a good day and God bless!!!
  6. 0
    hello, sorry i have to change my user name as i had a hard time logging in with red sapphire.

    i am glad i could be of help. well, i also tried application for licensure by examination which suzanne4 was telling, but California BON replied ahead of others. so, because i have to incur additional expense if i go through licensure by examination, i deferred the idea and instead opt to wait and see for another one year. i'm on packet 3 already, just waiting for retrogression to be lifted...

    i sent all my correspondence through hard mail. address of california is:
    Board of Registered Nursing
    P.O.Box 944210, Sacramento, CA
    94244-2100
    no fees was required for the extension.

    i hope all ends well with you.

    cheers!
  7. 2
    Glad to hear that this worked for you, however, you have a bigger concern then that you will need to deal with next year. The chances of getting a visa even in the next two years is quite slim if you do not already have approval of Packet 4 and are just waiting for an interview at the US Embassy.

    They are definitely not going to issue an extension a second time, and then where will you be? Rules are always changing and requirements will be getting stricter in most cases. You will be further ahead to go thru another state now and then endorse back to CA if necessary when the time comes.

    Please also be aware, that jobs are getting tighter in CA now, so the chances of even having a spot for you when the visas open up is going to be another thing. It is your decision as to what to do, but after seeing how things get done, my suggestion and recommendation is to go for licensure in another state now.
    judeamaria and rn-emerald30 like this.
  8. 0
    There is a limit as to the number of green cards that are issued per year to those from anyone country and the maximum number is just under 10,000. That includes those from other professions as well as spouses and children, so this is why I am stating what I have been stating all along.

    And there are many more than a couple of years worth already that have approval on all items and are just waiting for the interview. Add into that those that are trying for the AOS from this summer, and that adds in to your wait time for the green card. Right now they are on the 2002 time frame and expect it to get longer the wait, not shorter.
  9. 0
    Quote from blue sapphire
    hello, sorry i have to change my user name as i had a hard time logging in with red sapphire.

    i am glad i could be of help. well, i also tried application for licensure by examination which suzanne4 was telling, but California BON replied ahead of others. so, because i have to incur additional expense if i go through licensure by examination, i deferred the idea and instead opt to wait and see for another one year. i'm on packet 3 already, just waiting for retrogression to be lifted...

    i sent all my correspondence through hard mail. address of california is:
    Board of Registered Nursing
    P.O.Box 944210, Sacramento, CA
    94244-2100
    no fees was required for the extension.

    i hope all ends well with you.

    cheers!
    Hi Blue Sapphire! again!!! being blue is cool after all hehe...
    anyways, thanks for sharing this. My case has just been approved so it's still really going to be tough for me. Since there's 3 months to go, and I don't have much idea where and how to transfer to another state, I hope to write the BON as well for an extension too and then, if needed, I may just do the transfering after I was given an extension. I think I would have enough time to do the transfering for a year, than now, which is only 3 months... I will try to do this asap and see how it goes. For how long did you wait for them to answer you? Were you able to receive an letter stating an extension? thank you very much!!! I am writing today so it could get there in time
  10. 1
    Quote from promise2
    Hi Blue Sapphire! again!!! being blue is cool after all hehe...
    anyways, thanks for sharing this. My case has just been approved so it's still really going to be tough for me. Since there's 3 months to go, and I don't have much idea where and how to transfer to another state, I hope to write the BON as well for an extension too and then, if needed, I may just do the transfering after I was given an extension. I think I would have enough time to do the transfering for a year, than now, which is only 3 months... I will try to do this asap and see how it goes. For how long did you wait for them to answer you? Were you able to receive an letter stating an extension? thank you very much!!! I am writing today so it could get there in time
    Why wait to transfer to another state? there is no reason why you can't apply to another BON now and still keep on the process of extending your application with Ca BON. You can have more than 1 license at a time and atleast you are not rushing to get it done with a few months left now
    promise2 likes this.
  11. 0
    Quote from Silverdragon102
    Why wait to transfer to another state? there is no reason why you can't apply to another BON now and still keep on the process of extending your application with Ca BON. You can have more than 1 license at a time and atleast you are not rushing to get it done with a few months left now
    Hi Silverdragon! I have requested my results to be transferred to VT. I already sent them a letter 3 weeks ago. Does this mean I can also send them another letter for the extension? Thanks!
  12. 1
    Quote from fruity
    Hi Silverdragon! I have requested my results to be transferred to VT. I already sent them a letter 3 weeks ago. Does this mean I can also send them another letter for the extension? Thanks!
    Depends, things are not going to move probably for a few years and I think if they are going to do extension they only do it the once, Really up to you and sure Suzanne may have some thought on this but this is mine
    fruity likes this.


Top