Vanderbilt Pre-Specialty (for non-RNs) MSN 2013 - Page 26Register Today!
- Feb 19 by aps125jasonmstone82, got your message but it won't let me respond because I am new to the site. Feel free to shoot me an email and I can resend you my response to your questions.
- Feb 20 by bbccThey're still reviewing files for NMW, if anyone else is waiting on that! Looks like I'm gonna be submitting a back-up application this Friday... did not want to spend the extra money!
- Feb 20 by kdiembbcc - did they say when results for midwifery would be released?
- Feb 20 by bbccNope - I don't think the admissions department has any idea when the faculty will turn them over! I'll likely call back on Friday, right before I submit my other application, in the hopes that I don't have to.
- Feb 20 by oau3Anyone who is going to visit next weekend from out of town... Mind sharing where you are staying?
I am having trouble finding a place that isn't completely booked. Thanks!
- Feb 20 by vandy hopefulFor the pre-specialty year, it is my understanding that we would be on campus one week per month. For the other part of the month, are we doing clinicals in Nashville M-F, listening to lectures/completing assignments, or both?
- Feb 20 by kms673oau3: I booked at the Hampton Inn Vanderbilt (through expedia). I also saw an Extended Stay that got good reviews and was close by the campus.
- Feb 20 by vandydaniAnyone know any info about the next wave of letters they will send? It seems like its died down since Saturday.
- Feb 20 by hi616Quote from vandy hopefulWell I thought that during the pre-specialty year we have class about three days a week with clinicals the other 1 or 2 days of the week. The year starts with more lectures per week and ends with more clinicals per week. At least that is how my interviewer described it.For the pre-specialty year, it is my understanding that we would be on campus one week per month. For the other part of the month, are we doing clinicals in Nashville M-F, listening to lectures/completing assignments, or both?
Then during the specialty year is when the modified block format starts. We meet about one week per month for classes and then spend the other three weeks during clinicals at the site we are assigned to (or choose, for distance students).