need help: ortho interview tomorrowRegister Today!
- by TTRN2590 Dec 13, '10I need help. I have an interview with an ortho tomorrow for a NP position. I have NO ortho experience, but I am very interested in this field. What should I expect, and how do I sell myself with no experience? Thanks
- 716 Views
- Dec 13, '10 by traumaRUsI am in nephrology having never seen dialysis done ever before this job - lol.
However, my nursing experience was mostly ER and ICU and I played up that aspect:
3. Able to handle emergency situations w/o stressing out and/or stressing out the staff
5. Able to think on my feet
See what I mean? So, what kind of nursing experience do you have?
- Dec 14, '10 by TTRN2590I have ER, med surg, and CCU in addition to 13 yrs Respiratory Therapy experience. The interview went good. It appears everyone that applied is new grads so the experience was not such a bid deal. Thanks.
- Dec 15, '10 by traumaRUsGood - glad it went well. Let us know when you get the job!