Failed the AANP and ANCC - page 2
by hope1272 103,033 Views | 179 Comments
Hello everyone So I took the AANP in March 2011 after taking the Fitz course, and failed (personally I didn't think I was ready), but I thought I would try. Then I purchased the Barkley Assoc CD and Home Course and studied... Read More
- 6Dec 31, '11 by zoeypbAfter many tears, prayers, and hours of giving up family time to study over the holidays, I finally did it. I passed the ANCC FNP exam yesterday. Please know that it is do-able. Keep the faith.
Special thanks to Jane33. I don't know who you are, but your words of encouragement have been inspirational. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you.
- 0Jan 9, '12 by pknightI am with you on that. I failed the AANP in December 2011, was so disappointed. I bought Joann Zerwekh FNP review book and took Fitz Review Course Online for 15hrs CEs. Prior to the exam, I did APEA 30 days and her actual review course (do not waste money on her stuffs) plus Fitz review book 2010. I will be retaking the exam soon, waiting for Prometric to send me a letter to schedule the exam. I feel ready this time after review both of these resources plus additional materials on 5-Minute Clinical Consult. There are a few exact exam questions which I found on both Zerekh and Fitz Review Course Online. There was a ton of questions on Dermatology which I am now ready for it.
- 1Jan 9, '12 by Jane33 RNZoeypb,
When I read your post my face just lit up with a big ole fat smile! I am so happy for you. As soon as I read your post I thanked God for you! I was praying for you when you told us that you would be taking your test on Dec. 30. But then when I did not hear anything from you I got a little worried because you had not posted that you had past. So you where on my mind because I was wondering how you made out. I am so glad to hear that God has done it again! God is faithful!!! The only thing you can do to help me is to continue to pray for me. I will be taking my test next month after the review course that I am taking. I just started back studying. God is good and I trust Him that I will pass that test. Congrats! Enjoy! I am so glad you did not give up and that you continued to pray and trust God! This is so encouraging for me because I know that God is able to do the same for me!
- 0Jan 13, '12 by dancegrl1981I took the AANP and failed. I feel terrible. I kinda blanked out and I wish I could say the majority of the content was what I did not study but it wasn't. Probaly about 75% of the stuff I studied it was just they picked out the most random crap that I must have missed. I plan to take it again but I feel like its so much info that I will never remember it all. I am so depressed right now. I studied hard. I did the Fitzgerald review class plus the Fitzgerald cert review book plus I made notecards and paid for practice exams. Please help I am exhausted right now and can't possibly imagine doing this crap again:-(
- 0Jan 13, '12 by Jane33 RNI know just how you feel! It is both physically and mentally exhausting! After taking that test I felt like it was the longest day ever. I just got my letter to retest and I get anxiety every time I think about that test and every time I ride by the testing center! I studied hard too so I understand just how you are feeling! I cried for 3 days after I did not pass the first time. It is disappointing but know that you are not defeated. Cry, be upset do what you got to do to get those bad feelings out of your system! Then you must pray and continue to study. Come up with a plan. I just want to be done and put this test behind me so that I can get on with my life! Hang in there.... All things are possible if you believe and trust God! Don't give up!