Did not get into FNP programRegister Today!
- by angel549 Jun 16, '09Hi everyone! Just a little vent / moral support here! I am on the waiting list to get into the FNP / ENP program I applied for. I am so confused and frustrated! This particular private university in my city waived the GRE requirement, and I think they were swarmed with applicants. Out of about 200, I made it to the interviews (50 nurses). They only had 20 slots to fill, so I didn't luck out.
I have 13 years of experience in critical care, cardiac cath lab, and most recently nursing education. I am a certified CCRN and CMC. I was about to take the GRE, but when I saw they were waiving it, I cancelled my exam.
I was told by the graduate advisor that they looked at GRE scores, even though not required. Somehow I don't think the GRE is relevant to becoming a FNP. I thought years of experience matters more, but I guess not!
I will try again next year. Or look for other programs in the area. Just so bummed.......
- 3,284 Views
- Jun 25, '09 by MissDoodawI moved temporarily to go to FNP school. Sure, there are some disadvantages: less of a professional network as an NP, I've been off the radar for a while, but I graduate in 41 days! I packed up my 2 and 4 yr old and my husband stayed in our home and it has been rough but again- I graduate in 41 days!
- Jul 25, '09 by JALEXSHOETry not to be too disappointed. It is said, even by those not religious, that sometimes when a door is closed, there is sure to be a window open somewhere
Maybe, we don't know the reasons things happen, especially when it is something we want so badly. But reasons there surely must be. It is up to us, to figure out the reasons why, and possible alternatives. This does not have to be a bad thing, it could just be a motivator, that may make better and happier changes for you.
If you are solid on the ENP program, be aware there are more than one of them and some of them are online and available for distance learning. I know the University of South Alabama has one. But I am sure there are others also.
So re-examine your options and look for alternatives. The only person that keep you down is you! You have the means, the drive, and the ambition to do great things. You only need the gumption to lock down and redirect your energy. For a person committed to a purpose, there is always a way, or an alternative.
So good luck, and to heck with them, if they do not realize how much of a gift you may have been. Look for someone else who will, or take this as a sign, and wait and re-apply later. You will figure it out, I know it...:redpinkhe
- Aug 4, '09 by angel549Update! I got my acceptance letter on July 31st. School starts August 24, and I am about to go purchase my Adv Patho, and Adv Pharm textbooks!
I was truly ready to just try again next year, but am thrilled I made the cut! Thanks for all the encouragement!
- Aug 4, '09 by MissDoodawCongratulations! I am very happy for you!
- Aug 18, '09 by EMAJA1827No need to fret. Check out university of alabama birmingham and university of southern alabama. Also university of st louis. All have terrific np programs plenty of choice and on line too. Chances of getting in are also very high. I am also in the same situation as you and i was also bummed when they said i did not make it. The above are highly accredited and i am pursuing this option. So far so promising....
- Jul 2, '10 by greatgirl123apply to another school don't wait a year.. !!