clinical sites and preceptor for NP school
- 0Jun 22, '10 by greatgirl123any NP, or NP students have any advice on what to be prepared for at clinical sites?
I have to go next semester to a clinical site, and I'm nervous. what if the doctor doesn't like me. Do you get drilled?
What exactly do you do at the clinical sites>???
- 1,111 Visits
- 0Jun 23, '10 by traumaRUs AdminIt varies. I've now done two programs (adult health CNS and peds CNS) and here are some of my experiences:
1. Excellent MD at urgent care where I got to do the initial assessment, plan and then present to MD.
2. Pediatric hospitalist team where I was at the bottom of the food chain and barely got to see a child let alone do anything else.
3. Nursing home where I worked with an FNP who allowed me to see pts and then present them to her.
4. Community hospital ER where the MD stated "I don't like mid-levels and they don't belong in the ER"
5. MD in level one trauma center where I saw pts and then presented - wonderful teaching experience.
And then some in between.