clinical sites and preceptor for NP schoolRegister Today!
This is a discussion on clinical sites and preceptor for NP school in Advanced Practice Nursing ... any NP, or NP students have any advice on what to be prepared for at clinical sites? I have to go...by greatgirl123 Jun 22, '10any NP, or NP students have any advice on what to be prepared for at clinical sites?
I have to go next semester to a clinical site, and I'm nervous. what if the doctor doesn't like me. Do you get drilled?
What exactly do you do at the clinical sites>???
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=487169©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 839 Views
- Jun 23, '10 by traumaRUsIt varies. I've now done two programs (adult health CNS and peds CNS) and here are some of my experiences:
1. Excellent MD at urgent care where I got to do the initial assessment, plan and then present to MD.
2. Pediatric hospitalist team where I was at the bottom of the food chain and barely got to see a child let alone do anything else.
3. Nursing home where I worked with an FNP who allowed me to see pts and then present them to her.
4. Community hospital ER where the MD stated "I don't like mid-levels and they don't belong in the ER"
5. MD in level one trauma center where I saw pts and then presented - wonderful teaching experience.
And then some in between.