Which is the best review course for FNP certificationRegister Today!
- by Boonce1 Apr 7, '11Hi I am a FNP student I want to know who has the best review course for FNP. Are the CD's just as good as the review course? who has the best review for my (money) ?
- 5,902 Views
- Apr 12, '11 by MzcindI guess I over-prepared. I bought most of what was available and started preparing the last semester of my MSN. Two MUST-HAVES: Hollier and Fitzgerald CDs! Two different approaches, but both were represented on the exam. I also attended Hollier's review the weekend before my certification exam mainly to boost my confidence and identify areas of weakness. I also purchased a couple of books of certification practice questions. I think this was the biggest help of all. It trains your brain to think in a certain way when you see the questions on the cert. exam. If I had not taken SO MANY practice exams prior to the real one, I would have freaked out!! The exam was hard and I was sure I had failed....but alas, I passed!
Oh yea, one more added bonus of preparing so much for certification: I felt better transitioning into my first Internal Medicine position.
(Any suggestions out there about how to sell my review books and CDs now, I am not having any luck on Craigslist? Has anyone used AMAZON to sell books?)
- Apr 12, '11 by Boonce1I would be interested in purchasing you items please message me the price and details on your product. If they are in my price range then I wouldnt mind purchasing them. I am a student and all about saving money. Thanks for your input I will check out hoillers. I already have a fitzgerald review book but I am looking for the cd's I hear they are great for review.
- Apr 12, '11 by MzcindOk, I would message you regarding Books, CDs, but not sure how to message you??
- Apr 12, '11 by Boonce1I just sent you a message you have to click on the little writting pad near my posting to send a message to some one. I just sent you a message so you should be able to open it up and view it. I just want to know the cost and how I can contact you.
- Apr 13, '11 by Mzcindlooks like I am not able to send messages at this time....hmmmmm
- Apr 13, '11 by Boonce1Thats ok I think I found a used one on amazon .com it is a little pricey thogh theses CD cost hundreds of dollars. I am asuming you get more then one cd right and does it come with a book to cost so much? Are the CD's really worth all that money or should I try to save for the live review.
- Aug 30, '11 by CRF250XpertOf course everyone has a different style. I wanted to spend the least and obtain the most. I basically memorized the Fitzgerald's book. No CDs, no course, no audio. Just take good notes, make 1000 flash cards and constantly quiz yourself. No course, CD or audio file is going to lessen the effort you have to put into prep.