Anyone use the Barkley Review for NP CERT PREP???
- 1Dec 26, '09 by kellynpHello, Iam taking the ANCC in March, I have used the Fitzgerald review in the past and was not successful, has anyone used the Barkley review and if so were you successful??? Thanks in advance for any feed back.
- 24,456 Visits
- 0Dec 30, '09 by kellynpThanks so much for your response. Don't feel bad, I took the Fitzgerald twice and was not successful so I will give the Barkley a shot. I'm not a stupid person, I got all A's in NP school, I just can't take a test to save my life, Iam not a good test taker at all. Thanks again, sorry about the "venting" as you can tell Iam so done with this cert. testing but unfortuately I need it. Happy New Year.
- 1Jan 6, '10 by MissDoodawI used Barkley and Fitzgerald, I preferred how Barkley was organized, I liked their adult CD's and notebook....pedi cd's lecturer kept referring to slides which of course I could not see as I was driving around. I preferred Fitgerald review book of questions-seemed like it had the least # of incorrect answers of all the ones I did. I did answer 100-200 questions q day for several weeks, besides studying for practice from different sources. Memorized all the labs -hate to get one of the easy ?'s wrong b/c I hadn't done this, and all the pedi rashes.....Good Luck!
- 1Feb 10, '10 by RobinMullinsI used the Barkley review CDs (loaded them onto my iPod so I could listen at the gym) and attended the Weekend review course for the ACNP boards & passed on my first try. I felt very prepared & would recommend them to anyone. His review courses hold a 99% pass rate on the first attempt, so I felt it was worth every cent.
- 2Feb 11, '10 by efy2178One of things we did in my graduating class was to hook up on facebook and get everyone's e-mail addresses posted We created our own community on FB. Then we all got the cds and books for Fitzgerald and Barkley. Most of us ANPs went to Barkley. Then in the upcoming weeks we each took a subject and creaated questions. Not multiple choice necessarily but you had to know the answers. It was a suggestion by Barkley. We all passed without difficulty. So try building a study group!
- 0Jun 7, '12 by ralph41Hi,
I know this is a late response, I just joined allnurses.com. I took the Psychiatric Adult NP exam with ANCC... didn't pass the first time. I took the Barkleys review course and it didn't help at all! does anyone have any particular review courses that actually make it worth the money? Please let me know, thank you!