ANCC Consensus Model - Did everyone get their letter today?Register Today!
- by traumaRUs Nov 15, '11okay, so opened the mailbox and the ancc explanation of the consensus model was there!
they are eliminating ("retiring) the following certifications: acute care np, adult np, gerontological np, adult health cns and gerontological cns. the date for this is 2014
so, for those of us already certified, we need to keep it current:
- 1,637 Views
- Nov 16, '11 by juan de la cruzHmmm, didn't get my letter yet but I was aware of those changes after seeing it on the ANCC website. Could be an address issue (last time I corresponded with ANCC I was still in Michigan though I kept getting requests for exam content developer for the ACNP certification). The take home message I guess is to never let your certification lapse, otherwise your educational program will no longer meet the new certification requirements.
- Nov 16, '11 by TX RNYep, got mine as well.
- Nov 16, '11 by traumaRUsYep, got mine too (obviously).
Juan - better change your address, you don't want to miss the renewal notification - though I bet all of us have it on our calendars.
Do you guys use the online CE document that ANCC provides?
- Nov 16, '11 by elkparkI got my letter, and the child psych and adult psych CNS certs are being eliminated, also. I'm deeply offended by the whole business, and am trying to figure out if there is a way I can continue my career the way I want to without certification, because I would looooove to just be able to tell the ANCC to go screw itself at this point. I am horrified by the idea of having to give additional money in the future (recertification fees) to an organization that thinks so little of me and my education and practice.
Ironically, I just recently got solicited by them to participate (out of the goodness of my heart, of course) in a field trial of new test questions for the child psych CNS cert exam; I agreed, and spent a recent Saturday AM doing this -- I wish I'd done more research; if I'd known about this I wouldn't have wasted my time (or done the ANCC a favor)!
- Nov 16, '11 by traumaRUsYeah - I'm in the same boat: I'm an adult health CNS. However, my peds CNS seems safe at the moment.
- Nov 16, '11 by juan de la cruzGot my letter from ANCC today as well...it turns out it's just that whole West Coast thing where we're always last because things move from the East Coast.
Elkpark, while I'm also put off, I worry about having to move to a state that requires national certification later on. California doesn't require national certification but one is never so sure that I'll be here the rest of my life.
- Dec 10, '11 by rn.d86I posted to the wrong thread. Message deleted. Sorry.