When did you want to become a nurse?
- 7Mar 24, '13 by brian AdminDo you remember when you wanted to become a nurse? Was it an event that caused your desire to become a nurse? Family? Or just information at the right time?
Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this with friends and post your comments below! Want more nursing cartoons?
Last edit by Joe V on Mar 24, '13
- 3,365 Views
- 1Mar 24, '13 by Tinker88high school! but I received a BS in education like all my friends did. I was attracted to the idea of teaching and intimidated by the idea of nursing school. BUT my teaching experience will actually help me as a student and in my nursing career. Everything happens for a reason. I start the accelerated BSN program at Union University this August I am going back to pursue my dream!!!
- 1Mar 24, '13 by SkipsI had teaching in mind, but after my husband went through nursing school I basically followed in his footsteps. I was very interested in what he was learning about and thought it was amazing! (: Now he's an RN, and I'm in school with a year and a half left in a BSN program.
- 1Mar 25, '13 by bpharkins7I would say middle school... my mom is a RN and my uncle (her brother) is a general surgeon... it's just been going down the timeline haha. My mom has been the strongest woman I've known and I know she absolutely loves her career.. I've grown to want to do the same and become just like her strong willed self.
- 0Mar 26, '13 by SunshineDaisyI never really knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. I threw a few ideas around and decided on psychology. I started school to work towards that, got married, had a few babies and it hit me when I was in the hospital with my last that nursing was where I was supposed to be. I ignored it a few times, cuz I'm stubborn and wanted to do psychology, ut it hit me full force then. I went back to school when she was 8 months old and now here I am, ready to graduate in 7 weeks!
- 0Mar 26, '13 by mskrisCNA2bRNI didn't know I wanted to be a nurse until my junior year of high school. I had always wanted to work I the medical field. When I was 5 my mom was in nursing school and as she was studying I was studying right along with her.
My dad was navy so he was always out to sea and whenever he did call I would always explain to him what I had learned with mommy that week. (I think his proudest moment was when I explained to him how the heart worked lol.)
anyways moving forward I was in my high school a&p class and went on a field trip to speak to a group of students in elementary to speak about being an anesthesiologist (my dream job at the time) and I heard a class mate speaking about becoming a nurse. I never new how much of an impact they had on people's lives. ( I didn't go to the hospital much as a child) right then and there I completely changed my mind about what it was that I wanted to be. I shadowed nurses and went on field trips my last 2 years of high school (it was an amazing experience)
And now I'm done with prereqs and I'm starting nursing school next year and I am one excited girl. I'm finally making my dream a reality and i can't wait.