Stomach growling? Are you hungry?Register Today!
- by brian Nov 19, '12Thinking back I remember an orchestra of growling stomachs while in class. Was there ever a time that your noises really got you embarrassed? Was there a time that a growling stomach caught you off guard that you couldn't stop laughing?
Share your stories!
Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this with friends and post your comments below! Want more nursing cartoons?
- 6,525 Views
- Nov 19, '12 by irisheyesRsmilinI must add that certain diseases like Crohns can cause a persons stomach to growl like they are starving to death! I have sat in class at times and the noises coming from my belly were fierce! Sympathetic classmates passing me granola bars, candy....anything to make it stop....of course...it wouldnt help at all...hehe
- Nov 19, '12 by JillyPlotIrish, I hear ya on that one! It's the worst when I'm having a flair and trying to make it through classes.
- Nov 19, '12 by lizashleycMy stomach used to make crazy noises at the worst times - notably during tests! I was so embarassed and tried so hard to hide my laughter. If any of the professors saw me laughing and singled me out for it, I would have to explain that my stomach was making hilarious noises.. and that alone would cause me to burst out into laughter again. Quite distracting when you're trying to take a test though!
- Nov 19, '12 by MusicalCoffeeI'm taking my Anatomy and Physiology class and literally just asked my professor the cause/point of noisy stomach growling last week. I never knew it had an actual name, borborygmi, if you're wondering. It's apparently completely normal, but that doesn't matter much when you're sitting in dead silence and your stomach suddenly decides to talk to everyone in the room. Awkward!
- Nov 20, '12 by Wrench PartyMine is also very active; and usually after I eat a bigger lunch. People think I am starving and try to pass me
more food, but it is not the answer!
I just acknowledge it as what it is- talkative body functions.
- Nov 24, '12 by Love78OMG my stomach noises have always been my issue in school. Is so embarrassing especially when I have to take a test. My stomach makes lion noises even after I eat 24/7. I get anxious and I have to rush through my exams because of my stomach..I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one...lol
- Nov 26, '12 by Puddin2dayI had weight loss surgery a few years ago. Whenever I eat or drink something... anything, my stomach growls.
- Dec 29, '12 by MeekaNicholeIn Chemistry class it was so quiet in class & my stomach growled so loud & LONG!! Was pretty embarrassed- had to laugh it off along with everyone else who heard it. I wanted to curl up in a ball that day- ugh!
Sent from my iPhone