Nursing school excitement...Register Today!
This is a Cartoon on Nursing school excitement... in About A Nursing Student - Nursing Cartoon Series, part of Nursing Student ... Ouch! Do you remember how you reacted? Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this...by brian Admin Jun 7, '12
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=729764©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 11,314 Views
- Jun 7, '12 by inacopinai remember i was so happy i was literally jumping with joy and couldn't get a word out! I found out when I was at work and my co-worker couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with me... I finally pointed to my email and at first she didn't get it until I finally calmed down and explained it to her! lol. it was one of the most exciting moments ever....aside from just passing the NCLEX on monday of this week!
- Jun 7, '12 by Pick01I gave a big old yell for joy, I'm sure my whole neighborhood knew. Now if I could recieve my ATT, I could set-up to take my NCLEX and get back to work. I so look forward to finally working as a nurse.
- Jun 7, '12 by Nurse2b209This April I received my letter and was alternate #9 so I pretty much thought I'd have to reapply nxt semester and left it @ that. So, last month while taking my last final, my phone keeps vibrating and I'm like what the heck. I check my voicemail and it's the school of nursing secretary telling me to give her a call back. I call her back and she explains a spot has become available and before she could finish I just kept saying ”YES YES YES I accept!!” She started laughing and told me I needed to sign my letter and luckily I was still on campus and I ran so freaking fast to that office. I just laughed the whole drive back home, what a way to start my summer break. I was so excited and thankful and I had pretty much counted myself out. But it goes to show that anything can happen. I start the BSN program this fall.
- Jun 7, '12 by Peaches28I just got my acceptance letter a week ago! I yelled out "OMG I got in!", then started crying (tears of joy) and didn't stop for a half hour!
- Jun 7, '12 by ToyaBI procrastinated and did not submit my application until the absolute last possible day. And i only applied to one nursing program. I went in for a waitlist interview and was pleasantly surprised to find out there was a good chance I could get in. Here, I was expecting to have to wait until next year. Well, I got my acceptance letter via email about 20 minutes afterthat interview. I started jumping up and down and squealing in my little apartment, and just thanking God! Cannot wait to start school this fall!!! YAY FOR US
- Jun 8, '12 by RED1984I danced around the room with my almost 2 year old son for a few minutes posted here, on my all nurses thread :P Then, got on Skype to try and contact my husband in Afghanistan.... called my mom, sisters, brother, aunt, uncles, grama and grampa, inlaws and best friends to inform them of the wonderful news!!. Finally, I updated my Facebook status to let all the other friends know :P I cannot wait to start the program this Fall
- Jun 8, '12 by GiGi100When I got the letter out of the mailbox the envelope was pretty thick so in my mind I'm thinking, "How much paper does it take to tell someone they're not accepted?" So with that my nerves calmed down just a little, lol. I ripped the envelope open and my daughter is sitting there saying, "You're not gonna wait a few minutes to open it? You're just going to open it fast like that?" She was more nervous than I was. Once I read the words "Congratulations!" I did something between a dance and a spin, the letter flapping around in my hands. I didn't read the entire thing until about 10-15 minutes later after I told my husband and called my mother. I was so excited and relieved!
Well, about a week later I got another envelope in the mail from the nursing dept. It said that I needed to take and pass a math & dosage calculations test the first time with a grade of 80 or better since it had been a year since I had taken the class. If I did not pass the test then I would have to retake the class this summer. I had to go the the college library to take the test and you can imagine how I felt after getting the test and seeing that there were only 10 problems on the test which meant I could only miss 2 problems. Well, to make a long story shorter, after praying and studying, I took the test and waited anxiously for the mail. Weird but that letter was the hardest for me to open, I was literally shaking when I opened it. I did not want to go to summer school for 2 months and retake a class that I had taken and passed with a high B a year ago. It's funny but I can recall the first line on the letter..."You successfully passed the dosage and calculations test." Whew! Grateful to be able to enjoy my summer before starting nursing school in the Fall.
- Jun 9, '12 by PinkCupcakeI did a happy dance and then called everyone I knew to tell them the good news lol
- Jun 9, '12 by Hygiene QueenLOL!
That reminded me of an aide I once worked with.
He got really excited, hollered, "Yipppeeeeee!!!" as he jumped for joy and cracked his head on the door frame he was standing under.
I'm giggling now, just remembering that.
I laughed so hard that I cried.