How nervous were you when you took the NCLEX? - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 30, '12 by PinkmeganHi everyone!!
I'm from the UK where we don't have any equivalent to NCLEX! Can someone explain it to me? What is it? Why do u have to pay for it? What questions are u asked?
- Mar 30, '12 by Paco-RNI wouldn't know ... I am slated to take the exam in August
- Mar 30, '12 by NurseKat274Taking the exam April 18th and have a minor panic attack when even thinking about it! I am just like the cartoon above :[ I never got nervous for exams during school and was always the "chill" student who took everything in stride.... but now, this NCLEX exam has me pulling my hair out! I am so nervous... still a few weeks left to maintain my sanity (sweating and shallow breathing right now just THINKING about it ahhhhh!!!!!!!!)
- Mar 30, '12 by mikala3I was so nervous that when it turned off at 75 questions I jumped and thought I broke the computer.
- Mar 30, '12 by PrayeRNurseI have been a RN for four weeks now and I thought I was ok for the test untill I sat before the computer and the first question said "choose all that apply"! I dread that style of questions. When I came to question 75 I held my breath and said a prayer that this woud be the last question. I clicked summit for the answer and up came question 76, 77,78,100,225.. I had every question possable. I knew I had failed so when I got home I tried the "trick to tell if you passed" and it did not work. I called my Board of Nursing and asked for directions for retaking it. They laughed and asked me if I liked taking the NCLEX that I had passed and so only if I really wanted to would they have me re-take it!!!!
- Mar 30, '12 by MyMystudentRNIn the months before i took my exam everytime i opened up my book to study i had a mild panic attack, palpitations, and difficutly breathing EVERYTIME hahaha sat down to take the test and panicked again (you would think i was used to this) tried to calm myself down making myself think it was just a test something i was good at after 45 minutes and 85 questions later screen turned blue and my heart dropped!! i wanted more questions! didnt feel like it was enough i swear i held my breath and tried keeping my cool from the time i walked out of the center til i sat in my car then the flood came! did not want to do the PVT trick because i knew i had failed so i started going over the questions from the NCLEX and started to notice i actually had them right so i did the PVT and i got that beautiful pop up window 3 weeks later mail came and i passed!! hardest test i have EVER taken lol
- Mar 30, '12 by labvaluesBefore I take a test I perform a few deep, calming breaths. Inhale through the nose slowly, hold for three second, and then release slowly through the mouth. Any nursing program is heavy on testing so managing test anxiety is important for any nursing student.
- Mar 30, '12 by LennonninjaI took my pulse right before I hit submit on question 75, it was over 160bpm. Luckily I only got 75 questions, otherwise my heart might have exploded.
- Mar 30, '12 by tothepointeLVNI thought I would be more nervous but I wasn't I was just worried that I didin't have enough forms of id on me ( I had 3 ) I did freak a few cotest takers out though as I was in and out in 45 mins. Even the test person though I just wanted to go to the loo when I held up my hand. I called and freaked on of my friends out because they thought me calling at that time meant I'd slept in.
Oh yeah and I passed