Donating scrubs to struggling students
- 10Feb 18, '13 by brian AdminDo you pass down your scrubs to your siblings (those who want to be nurses)? Or, do you donate your scrubs to struggling students?
Or, do you just toss them away?
Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this with friends and post your comments below! Want more nursing cartoons?
- 5,663 Views
- 1Feb 18, '13 by vintagemotherAfter I had been working as a CNA for about 6 months, I was able to afford some brand new KOI scrubs! I then doanted my scrubs that I had been wearing - the same ones that I wore to CNA school back to my CNA school so that some other student could have them.
I'm in nursin school now and was so glad when an announcement was made that some prior graduates had donated their scrubs to the school. Because of their graciousness, I have enough uniforms to get me through a week of clinicals!
- 0Feb 19, '13 by Jess6I was the opposite of this! When I got my first job, I had to go thrift-storing to have something appropriate to wear, and the scrub selection wasn't that great. My school hadn't used standard scrubs (scrub pants, polo shirt, and vest), so I couldn't even use my school scrubs. I ended up with some big old tents for tops that I replaced as soon as I got paid
- 0Feb 19, '13 by Jess6Quote from vintagemotherMe too! I still wear the jackets and one of the pairs of pants (that I actually got for free because of a barely noticable bleach stain on the ankle).I still shop thrift stores for scrubs - I'm just glad I now have the luxury to be picky!I did thrift store scrubs too! I found some nice scrub jackets.
- 0Feb 24, '13 by besaangelQuote from vintagemotherSame here, Our colors are navy bottoms and white tops. So I found two more tops at the thrift store and used the scrub bottoms I had from CNA clinicals. Oddly enough, the navy sets I have are the colors RNs wear at my hospital... SCOREI did thrift store scrubs too! I found some nice scrub jackets.
- 0Mar 4, '13 by P_RN Asst. AdminI left under such traumatic circumstances I haven't done anything with my scrubs. 13 year old ones live in the storage shed with my mother's clothes after she died. There are a couple of computers in there, a nice oak table and I am sure many other things. I don't think I can even touch the uniforms without going through the traumatic memories. Besides, they're old, shabby, out of style and no one would want them. Sorry.