What type of shoes do you buy?Register Today!
- by brian Jul 13We go through shoes really fast don't we? How many shoes do you go through per year? What brand do you purchase?
Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this with friends and post your comments below! Want more nursing cartoons?
Last edit by Joe V on Jul 13
- 9,004 Views
- Jul 13 by Mandychelle79I used to get a cheap pair of tennis shoes and get a new pair when my heals started to hurt, about 6 weeks to 3 months. For my anniversary, I treated myself to a pair of Danskos that were on clearance for 75 dollars. Ive worn them for 15 months now and they are comfortable as the day I bought them.
- Jul 13 by RlbrownI looooove the Timberland Renova slip-on! I tried Danskos, but couldn't handle the flip-flopping of the loose heel. The Renovas give me ample room in the toe box and are still able to fit my custom orthotics. I have them in both white and black, and I hope they start making more colors.
- Jul 13 by 2013RNFBI made fun of the people who wore the Skechers Shape Ups, and then I started working 12 hour days (when I was a LVN) where I only sat down long enough to chart and eat. I don't think they've done anything for the shape of my butt and thighs , but they are definitely comfortable. My feet and knees stopped hurting. I buy the ones that have a sole that is thinner and I think they're amazing!
- Jul 14 by lisajtrnBirkenstocks all the way for me. I am on my 3rd pair for work and only ever bought new ones because they started to smell really really bad.
- Jul 14 by yrmajesty3After starting a new job in a busy GI Lab, I was told by staff that Danskos were the way to go. Fast forward 9 months later...I am now being treated for plantar fasciitus my podiatrist thinks was caused by those shoes. Danskos do not offer half sizes. I had to order up a half size to a 9. The hard arch support that Dansko is so famous for hit my plantar surface in the wrong spot causing inflamation. Also, I ended up with some nasty corns due to the rigid body of the shoe. My podiatrist now wants me in a sneaker with a semi custom orthotic.....sooooo much better!
- Jul 14 by NutmeggeRNKlogs