Is there a flu outbreak in your area? - Page 6Register Today!
- Jan 11 by 2bnursekisI am losing weight, already lost 10 because of that flu. It is like a flu with vomiting, and nausea... Its horrible. I was in ER this morninng because I fainted (i did not know) I am still here... Oh man....
- Jan 11 by GarethausQuote from netglowThat's pretty insulting in a casual way. Oh dear, what nursing intricacies should I be mentioning to confirm I should be part of your precious club, precious? As it happens, I'm a student in Nursing.I wonder why you come to a nursing forum and post? I understand you are against immunization, but, your posts do not reflect any kind of nursing or medical knowledge/education that would afford you the ability to coherently comment as part of a nursing discussion. You might find more consumer advocate oriented forums to post.
- Jan 11 by Sweet_Wild_RoseIt's so bad here (PA) that one of the area hospitals has a tent set up. Those who come into the ER with flu symptoms head out to the tent. Not to mention running out of the test kits to verify influenza. We're also seeing hospitals running at well over 100% capacity (and unable to divert because then there'd be no hospital ERs open). My facility hasn't reached the point of setting up a tent, canceling elective surgeries, or reopening the two units closed within the last two years, but we are using closets as patient rooms.
- Jan 11 by morteI am thinking the poster is referring to the effect of stress on the immune system....Quote from netglowWhat?
- Jan 11 by NRSKarenRN
- Jan 11 by beckyboo1Quote from netglowYou said it sister!I wonder why you come to a nursing forum and post? I understand you are against immunization, but, your posts do not reflect any kind of nursing or medical knowledge/education that would afford you the ability to coherently comment as part of a nursing discussion. You might find more consumer advocate oriented forums to post.
- Jan 11 by BlueDevil,DNPModerate levels of ILI, few cases of confirmed influenza, completely disproportionate panic, lol.
- Jan 11 by GarethausQuote from beckyboo1What's with the nastiness?You said it sister!
In my experience, I've found the better nurses support debate and don't seek to be exclusive of others even when they don't agree with what has been posted.
You feel threatened methinks.
- Jan 12 by NightingallowThis strain in NY is bad. It started as a mild cough and the other wonderful symptoms come from out of nowhere. I felt like going to the hospital yesterday but I hung on. If I knew I would have gotten the flu vaccine for this 2nd strain.Last edit by Nightingallow on Jan 12 : Reason: added location
- Jan 12 by InfirmiereJolieNot in CA yet, hopefully never!
Not many people ever go out of the state (just stay within it for touristy), so that's good