Is there a flu outbreak in your area? - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 10 by That GuyType A at ours, Type B 30 minutes from us. Its been crazy
- Jan 10 by rngolfer53Midwest? Yep.
Went to my doctor's urgent care for a non-flu matter on Monday. The NP who saw me said they were up to their armpits in flu cases.
Hope they get some good data on the efficacy of flu vaccination out of the misery people are having.
For the record, I got the flu shot....so far it has worked. .
- Jan 11 by tnmarieYes here in TN. My sis' facility is quarantined, no one is allowed to go between halls, and their staffing is down 80%. I work private duty so the major risk comes from the other nurses who work in facilities and bring it to the pts home. We've escaped it thus far. Seems like it is going to be one of the worst flu years in a while...
- Jan 11 by mayahp22I had the flu 2 weeks ago temp was 103-104 for 2 days throat was extremely swollen couldn't swallow. Worse feeling ever. Opted to go to a after hours clinic instead of the hospital. Funny thing I end up getting a flu shot a week later for nursing school clinicals smh
- Jan 11 by krazievi3t6urlYes, I've noticed at work an increase in flu/URIs in the past 2 weeks. Several people that I swabbed came back + for flu.
...sigh...I think I'm coming down with something now too! Grrrrr...
- Jan 11 by That GuyApparently it made the headline of CNN.com
- Jan 11 by amygarsideYup, it is because of the cold weather. Even the nurses are affected.
- Jan 11 by GarethausI don't think there is a flu epidemic going on. As per usual it's a media beat-up and the drive is to ensure flu vaccine compliance.If you don't take the flu shot, the grim reaper is gonna git ya!!!
- Jan 11 by CT PixieQuote from GarethausIn my State (CT) the state health department has close to 1700 confirmed cases of flu, this time last year there was only 30 confirmed cases. That's a huge increase. We aren't even in our peak flu time yet. Last year peak was mid-February. We have close to 1700 confirmed cases, who's to say how many more cases of flu are out there that just haven't been confirmed due to the person not going to the doctor.I don't think there is a flu epidemic going on. As per usual it's a media beat-up and the drive is to ensure flu vaccine compliance.If you don't take the flu shot, the grim reaper is gonna git ya!!!
- Jan 11 by olddraggerCT Pixie--when you say confirmed cases , what does that mean. Did cultures that were done come back positive for influenza?
Dont get me wrong, sick people are sick people. Whether it is influenza or another variant doesn't matter. The people still need help. I was just wondering if this was something the influenza vaccination would be of help agaisnt? Influenza like illness and influenza are two different things.