Is there a flu outbreak in your area? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 10 by NRSKarenRN48 Flu patents in one of our ERs last night.
My staff been sick with Flu and URI going round....my temp was 103 today, no cough, so I'm working from home 2day, forcing fluids, acetaminophen, chicken soup and taking naps.... checking in @ AN during rest break.
- Jan 10 by msn10Southwestern Wisconsin-yep!
Many hospitals on diverson, lots of sick people and employees!
I know the CDC has their stats, but I would really like to know how many of these patients got the flu shot and still got the flu. I can't get the shot because of negative reactions to previous ones so I am always a little nervous this time of year.
- Jan 10 by bellamia1015I'm not a nurse but there must be an outbreak in my area because my 5 yr old got the flu right before Christmas and she was sick for over two weeks. I had to take her to the ER because urgent care was full of people who were worse than my daughter. I live in the suburbs of Atlanta, 20 min from Midtown. I think she got it, well I know she got it from school because she is in Kindergarten.
- Jan 10 by netglowThis year's Flu shot is completely ineffective for the B-strain of the Flu. Bad News. You got the shot? You're still in trouble.
Why the Flu Is So Dangerous This Year, and Why It Could Get Worse - Forbes
- Jan 10 by rakcnaIt seems that in NY the strain of the flu that is rampant is not the same as the one in the vaccine. I just recovered from pneumonia secondary to the flu, and I had the flu shot in October because it was required for my clinicals. My MD said that most of his patients who have the flu have had the flu shot as well. This seems to have been an unanticipated strain, therefore geting the flu shot wouldn't really protect your boss from this one.
- Jan 10 by GarethausWhat's the bet that the majority of those with the flu already were vaccinated recently?
- Jan 10 by beckyboo1Definitely have it in mid-MO with lots of A and B and the shot doesn't seem to have been very effective. Going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng winter
- Jan 10 by CallieNMQuote from GarethausWhy do you say this?! You're scaring me. I have to get the shot for my program starting on Monday! Actually we need them for clinical which don't start till March, but either way... I guess I still need one then. I don't want to get sick! I've had the flu once this year in October and I thought I was going to die! I don't need it again!What's the bet that the majority of those with the flu already were vaccinated recently?
- Jan 10 by KelRN215The Mayor declared a flu emergency yesterday. One of my coworkers had something that she thought might be the flu. I had a fever of 102 the week before Christmas with a cough but no sore throat, muscle aches, chills. Fever broke in less than 48 hours but I had some URI symptoms for a few days longer.