Nurse on vacationRegister Today!
- by brian Feb 10, '12
- 34,302 Views
- Feb 10, '12 by GitanoRN
- Feb 11, '12 by MeriwhenI've been called while on vacation, while driving towards my vacation, while in another state, while in another time zone, while I was out on medical leave for the swine flu, while on my way to a root canal, while I was recovering from even more dental surgery...I bet the supervisor will never forget THAT phone call
Best one ever though: I got called three weeks AFTER I had resigned and moved to another state. Since it was nursing management and not staffing calling, I took the opportunity to secure the caller as a reference for job hunting. And it worked
- Feb 11, '12 by ryrn59The best advise is do not bring your cell phone to your vacation, but you need to contact your family too. So the other best advise is to screen your calls or put everything on voice mail, review the voice mails later. When you are on vacation, only impt calls should be answered. (ie life and death situations involving family members at home). Enjoy your vacation. LOL.
- Feb 11, '12 by TygRNoefI've been called to come in while on vacation more than once. . .
- Feb 11, '12 by tcoadyToo funny! I know I had called in sick a few years ago and the supervisior asked me how high my fever was. When I told her 101, she asked me to check it again and call her back - if it was 100 or below, I should be able to make it in...no, I didn't call her back!
- Feb 11, '12 by puroticoricoHaha oh isn't that reality! Don't bring your cell phone on vacation :P.