Nurse Call button misused once again - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 1, '12 by GitanoRNQuote from brianyou're funny....please feel free to print them and share them post them on bulletin boards etc... bathroom stalls.... ok, that may be going a little too far
- Jun 7, '12 by Zazak
- Jun 14, '12 by prin12Teach you to try to train a wife and nurse
- Jun 14, '12 by GitanoRNQuote from esme12esme12 this makes me lol every time i see it all i want to say is... go right ahead and showed it down his throat... i'll take picturesi was thinking more along the lines of an airway obstruction.......from shoving it down his throat.
- Aug 12, '12 by cassiemasseyI had a patient the other night who was very pleasantly demented, she learned that if she pressed the button I would magicly apear like a cheerful genie of nursing. every time i walked into the room she would just giggle at me while i turned off the bell. it was a not so busy, kinda fun good night so it was actually pritty funny. and she was just so cute i couldnt be upset.
- Sep 7, '12 by Sueramsey65This patient IS my husband!Last edit by Sueramsey65 on Sep 7, '12 : Reason: Was
- Sep 7, '12 by Sueramsey65This patient was my husband back in the day! LOL!
- Sep 12, '12 by maelstrom143At my facility, they have us put our zone phone numbers on the whiteboards, in addition to each patient call light :/ As if it is not bad enough that the phone rings 2-4 times each time I am attempting to assist/medicate/educate a patient with lab, rad, doc, I now have to contend with the patients themselves calling me! Needless to say, whatever patient I am usually with when this happens are less than amused by the third ring. It gets to the point that I will finish what I am doing with said patient before I will answer. I can understand being responsive to our patients, but this is getting ridiculous.