"I only had one beer" cartoon - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 1, '12 by classicdamedo you really think you can achieve behavior modification through punishment? How does that prevent them from drinking? Is that part of standard nursing interventions?
- Feb 5, '12 by JBuddBack in the day when we were pumping stomachs on the attempted suicides every other night, on one fellow I was pumping out beer so fresh it was foaming in the tubes yechhhhhh
- Feb 5, '12 by sharpeimomyou mean it isn't supposed to foam in the tubing???!!! well, i'll be darned...
- Feb 5, '12 by JBuddAt least foaming is still fresh enough not to smell quite so badly!
- Feb 6, '12 by Esme12Of course it was just one beer...........it just happened to be stored in that barrel.
- Feb 6, '12 by Esme12Quote from classicdameJust a little of ER nurse humor.......every ED has their frequent flyers on their gazillionth trip for ETOH or detox and the weekend bingers that we aren't trying to be "therapeutic" and they aren't looking for therapy of detox. They just need to sober up to go home and so they can do it again next weekend....it's just a reality. No offense meant.do you really think you can achieve behavior modification through punishment? How does that prevent them from drinking? Is that part of standard nursing interventions?
- Feb 8, '12 by cheree55I am a nurse in a county jail. This is classic in our booking area. LOL
- Feb 8, '12 by maelstrom143Me: "Do you drink alcohol?"
Patient: "No. I quit a while ago."
Wife: "Yeah. He had his last beer outside the ER before we came in."
- Feb 20, '12 by travelnursedreamfunny
- Mar 9, '12 by mrvlegovI think its crazy when the doctor confronts them with their blood alcohol of 325 and they still continue to insist they "only had one beer" and "have no idea how it could be that high" one of the doctors said in a very respectful way "well, I wasn't born yesterday, so regardless of what you have told me this lab value isn't lying to me, it must have been a VERY big beer"