How has "nursing" helped you at home? - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 30 by divaRN*When talking to the anesthesiologist before I had surgery (he did not know I was a nurse) he asked "any questions?". I said "Yes. Do you plan on using an ETT or LMA?" He stared at me shocked then responded, "That is a good question but before I answer I have a question for you, what do you do for work?". hehehe
- Jan 31 by mariebaileyI live in a very remote part of the country. We have 1 vet in town that travels here only 1 week per month. When my cat had surgery a couple of months ago, I had to subsequently remove the drainage tube and stitches b/c the veterinarian was not here when they were due to come out (Don't worry - the vet coached me a little). I don't think I could have done it if I wasn't a nurse.
- Feb 14 by uRNmywayI am so unbelievably jealous of the calm moms on here. For everyone else around me I am able to keep my cool, make objective evaluations and assessments, no problem. With my daughter (almost 20 months old now) it seems like I lose all my knowledge. Anything out of the norm I panic and my mind goes blank. Can't wait to be like you all!!
- Feb 14 by CountryMommaMy husband will say he suffers the most under my "nursing", because I will brook no whining when he comes down with a cold, will frog-march him into the Dr when he's doing something obviously abnormal, and hound him about drug compliance. Hell hath no fury like watching a family member stop their abx early because "they feel fine". I've also threatened to dump the OJ down the drain if he didn't stop taking his cipro with it.
My kids have all been interrupted in the middle of a screaming fit for "fingers and toes", all have suffered the indignity of having lung assessments, and the absolute joy of having a mom who is less than impressed with a "fever" of 100.1 and a "cough" that sounds suspiciously dry and forced.
I, however, have a lot less stress once I laid down the law about silly complaints like "I have a runny nose!"
- Feb 22 by maelstrom143I have threatened to request and personally administer the rocephin IM if they dare miss an abt dose when I am at work.