Habits you picked up from work... - Page 5Register Today!
- Feb 17 by turnforthenurseRNa lunch hour? what's that?
Most of the time I just scarf down whatever food I can within the few minutes I have, if I'm that lucky.
I have signed my checks/credit cards with "turnforthenurse, RN."
Knocking before entering any room at home. Or anywhere, really.
Washing my hands BEFORE going to bathroom (and after, of course!)
Admiring veins from afar. I dream of putting in a nice 16G into those garden hoses. I even like palpating and admiring my hubby's veins
My nurse walk...I walk very fast at work, and I do the same when I'm off the clock. Hubby is always telling me to slow down!
- Feb 20 by anashenwrathAutomatic safety assessment of every building I enter.
- Feb 23 by thenursemandyHa ha. Before I became an RN, I used to sign LPN on my checks sometimes. Ooops!
- Feb 24 by blackvans1234Use paper towel to turn off the faucet, or elbow when appropriate.
- Feb 25 by nursefrancesQuote from blackvans1234Our hospital has the paper towel dispensers that are automatic, you know, wave your hand under it and the paper towel rolls out. Once I was at Disneyland, I washed my hands and waved my hand under the paper towel dispenser, I did it again. No paper towel. Yeah....it wasn't automatic, just a metal box with paper towels inside. Did I mention I had worked 3 or 4 shifts in a row before going to Disneyland?Use paper towel to turn off the faucet, or elbow when appropriate.
- Jun 25 by amygarsidenurses should learn to eat fast to maximize breaks..wow