Everyone wants to be a nurse... - page 3
by brian Admin
There's a high demand in nurses. Everyone wants to become one! Do you think this is part of the economic recession and people just needing a job that is in high demand? Or, do you think people are genuinely interested in... Read More
- 0Oh you'd be surprised of how many new grads are getting hired, well at least where I live and of course new graduate nurses would be "inexperienced" it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. That's why they get hired ...to get experience and grow. That goes for any jobs out there. No grads who are fresh out of University will have the experience instilled with them already for their jobs..it takes time and dedication. Besides, what's with the negative remark? It seems like you've been having no luck.
- 0Quote from sourpickle93Would I? Surprise me.Oh you'd be surprised of how many new grads are getting hired, well at least where I live and of course new graduate nurses would be "inexperienced" it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. That's why they get hired ...to get experience and grow.
- 0Quote from sourpickle93You're the one claiming to know, so share the wealth! If not, your vague, anecdotal information is of absolutely no use to me, but thanks. I was speaking to someone who might actually have a frame of reference for their knowledge.Yup and hey, you've completed nursing school, am I correct? If yes, then I think you are capable and educated enough to do the research yourself I mean you already know how to comment on threads with senseless comments that are of little value.
- 0Sorry you feel that way
I had to do all the research myself and it's really not that hard, lol. But I understand if you aren't able to do your own research to find the answers to your questions. That's something you either have to do alone or find out by someone else, which you have found. However, I'm certainly not going to spend my time and energy on something that's not worth my time or will have no impact whatsoever, just saying.
- 0Besides there are some things which cannot be evidently proven by online articles or by statistical data findings. For instance, the University, from which I have graduated from in order to obtain my BSN and specialty certificate, over 90% of graduates from the years 2005 until now have all been hired as RN's and some...even before they've achieved their degrees. So there's my two cents. Just because in most countries or states, the job outlook for nurses are pretty slim doesn't mean it's like that everywhere.
- 2Aug 19, '12 by kcmylornsourpickle- so happy you have been so fortunate in attaining a position as a new grad, most of the new grads in this country are not as furtunate and blessed; and it is truely wonderful that a lack of self confidence will not come your way.
- 3Quote from kcmylornSourpickle is not even a nursing student, much less an employed nurse. I'm not sure when the crazy train left the station, but there goes another perfectly good thread down the drain.sourpickle- so happy you have been so fortunate in attaining a position as a new grad, most of the new grads in this country are not as furtunate and blessed; and it is truely wonderful that a lack of self confidence will not come your way.
On that note, love that ignore button!
- 0I share my account with my youngest sister who is too trying to get into the nursing program like I had many of years ago. I went to BCIT and I'm helping her to get into the program. So what's wrong with having shared accounts? A lot of people, almost everyone actually, know this already Stephalump You really thought that I'm going to make a fool out of myself like that? LOL. Besides, it's the only thread she goes on so she found no point in creating an account, so she goes on mine I find it rather irrelevant as to what you are trying to do? I've been working as an RN for almost 5 years now and I really do not appreciate nor' will I tolerate your childish behaviour, you must have a lot of time on your hands. I'm going to politely ignore your attitude and crude behavior, as I do not have the time for this. I hope you understand and I want you to know that you did not offend me in any way.Last edit by sourpickle93 on Aug 19, '12
- 0Thank you very much! I know for most people it is difficult to get hired, especially as a new grad. Sadly, I've come across many students from a variety of University & Colleges, even those from highly reptuable schools and are still searching for jobs!! It's crazy, some even went back to school because they want a different career. I always tell those who don't have jobs, to keep your heads high and to never stop trying. Anything is possible in this world and it only takes time, dedication and commitment. Especially at this period of time, it's economically hard, so it's totally understandable but in the long run, things will definitely change.Last edit by sourpickle93 on Aug 19, '12