Who's going to NTI 2009 in New Orleans: 5/16-5/21 ?? - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 26, '09 by janfrnsuecbrn, the same thing happened to my friend who is in management. She was promised financial support for attending and had already registered when she was told there would be no money OR PTO for her to attend. She said that if she'd known they were going to renege, she would have planned her life a little differently so that she could pay her own way, but it's not possible now.
I've always paid my own way. The one time I approached my employer for some funding I had to jump through flaming hoops to get it approved, and then kiss their feet to get the cash. It's not worth it to me so I just save up and pay for it myself.
- Mar 26, '09 by suecbrnI know what you mean.. I had always done the same thing myself. The offer when made was unexpected at the time, so it was disappointing that they changed horses in mid stream. But, what else is new?
- Mar 26, '09 by RoyalNurseI just found out this morning my hospital pays for everything, including food! I'm going the 12th through the 16th!!
- Mar 26, '09 by janfrnHmm, the conference is the 18th to the 21st. Maybe you should check your dates.
- Mar 26, '09 by CraigB-RNActualy pre-hospital sessions start on the 16th.
- Preconferences, you mean.
- Mar 27, '09 by CraigB-RNGuess you can tell what I was working on when I posted thae message.
For those of you who are paying your own way. I just used priceline, got a good deal on the room. I bid $45 and got the courtyard. It's not a bad place, I've stayed there before. I got the 3star for what hotwife and other sites at the rate the 1 star places. I didn't take the time to realy research and hunt this time, but it's an option.
- You did good! The Courtyard is on the shuttle route so you'll have easy access to the venue and you have no idea how important that is unless you've been without it!
- Mar 27, '09 by CraigB-RNYeah I did that taht much research. And I should say I use hotwire and priceline a lot and am pretty good at guessing hotels now. It's also close enough to walk if you need to work of some of the food I'm planning on eating while I"m there.
- "It's also close enough to walk if you need to work of some of the food I'm planning on eating while I"m there."
I hear that! But if this is your first NTI you won't know that you're going to be walking 15 miles a day between sessions! Wear comfortable shoes, and bring a sweatshirt or light jacket, cuz it's Arctically cold in some of those rooms. I don't know yet what kind of food vendors are available on-site, but that's been an issue both in Atlanta (where once we found the food court at CNN was no longer an issue) and Chicago. There isn't a lot of time between sessions to go grab something to eat, so you may find you're eating less than you would normally.