Who's going to NTI 2009 in New Orleans: 5/16-5/21 ?? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 17, '09 by GoldenLoveI'm goingggggggggg!!! But I am already in South Louisiana! :wink2::wink2:
- Feb 13, '09 by perfectpictureI HAVE JUST BEEN IN THE ER FOR ONE YEAR.I HAVE GOT PICKED TO GO TO THE CONFERENCE IN NEW ORLEANS WITH 2 OTHER PEOPLE.I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SOAKING UP ALL THE INFORMATION THAT I CAN.
- Feb 13, '09 by janfrnBe sure to check out the allnurses.com exhibit at the critical care expo. You'll have the opportunity to enter draws for fun stuff, get your own highly-sought-after AN pens, calculator or whatever other wonderful little doodad Brian might be dreaming up and meet some of the mods. Bring a friend!!
- Mar 16, '09 by noelia23RNis there anyone going from ct or mass
- Mar 18, '09 by NeosynephRNI am going...so excited, the hospital is paying the tuition and all that....we have a hook up for a place to stay and the 4 of us are going to drive and split that cost so it should not be too bad...maybe I will meet some of you there!! Will definately be checking out the allnurses booth!
- Mar 18, '09 by janfrnQuote from calla2114Ooooh, I wish!! I'm going... hospital has made it very clear that time off is all they will give me. My manager called me into the office to make sure I understood that there would be no financial support whatsoever and that I was NOT to consider myself as representing the hospital in any way. I was a bit offended by her approach. I'm sharing a hotel room so that cost should only be about $100 US (more like $125 Cdn) a night. Checked out airfare yesterday and it could be as much as $1200 return, although if we're willing to fly at 0500 and go through 4 airports over 15 hours, it might be only about $700 (+fees!). So I expect to be out-of-pocket by at least $2500, not including souvenirs. I may be able to access $750 in funding from my union if I attend another meeting before the conference. Guess I'm going to the April 14th meeting...I am going...so excited, the hospital is paying the tuition and all that....we have a hook up for a place to stay and the 4 of us are going to drive and split that cost so it should not be too bad...
- Mar 22, '09 by CraigB-RNI'm happy as a clam, I just got the email from NTI saying they had my registration. YEAH!!!!!
the hospital paid for it all including the pre conference sessions. But I'm one of the few dual cert RN's here so they are trying to keep us happy.
- Mar 23, '09 by brianI'm so glad to see so many AN'ers coming! I'm looking forward to meeting you all!
- Mar 23, '09 by CraigB-RNWhen is everyone getting there? I'm getting in on the 15th.
- Mar 25, '09 by suecbrnWell, this year we've been told registration is on them, but everything else is on us. That being said, I probably can't go. Naturally, this is the one year I would have loved to go, being New Orleans and everything.
What's interesting is that as the Educator I was told when hired I would be expected to go ( and I would be sent on the hospital's dollar) because of what we bring back to the organization. Especially since me and the CNS teach the critical care course at least 3x a year.
I queried the NNSDO listserv to find out if others were experiencing this too. Most of them said their organizations wouldn't be sending anyone. The economy has everything in an uproar. It's a real bummer, considering this was one of the only "bennies" of the job. I'm salaried, so I don't get overtime, and I have not had the opportunity to get bonus pay (although minimal at best). So this was the way I made up the difference in my head, but now that's kaput. Ugh.